Why did Chapman implement a printing quota?
How does printing work on-campus at Chapman University?
- Reduce waste and promote environmental responsibility and sustainability – currently approximately 30% of the paper printed in the labs is not claimed by users or is immediately discarded
- Reduce paper and toner usage waste in student computing labs
- More fairly distribute costs for excessive printing to students consuming the most paper
Refer to the above Printing Policy.How can I find out how much I have in my free print quota and declining balance?
Log into a lab or public access computer, click on the “Print Balance” icon on the desktop to check your total balance.Do I still need to add funds to my print account from the printing website like before?
No, printing funds no longer need to be manually added from the website.How do I add funds to my declining balance?
How do I print duplex (double-sided) or color?
View, save, or print out instructions on How to Double-Side (duplex) and Color Print (PDF file).Why can’t I print?
Verify credits using the “Print Balance” icon on the desktop. If your free print credits plus your declining balance equals a:
Why do I have parentheses on my declining balance?
- Positive value then you can print
- Negative value signified by parentheses ex: ($1.00) around the amount, then you need to add funds to your declining balance.
- To add funds to your declining balance refer to the “How do I add funds to my declining balance?” above.
You owe the Cashier’s Office.Can I stop a print job before it is complete if I realize that I no longer want what is printing?
Once you have sent a job to the printer it cannot be stopped. Be sure to verify the number of pages you have sent to the printer before approving it. If for any reason there is a technical problem with a print job such as a paper jam, inform a staff member at the Computer Lab Service Desk.What happens if there are not enough free print credits and declining balance?
You will receive a pop up on the lower right hand corner of the desktop stating “not enough money to print job”. What happens to my free print credit quota at the end of the semester or term?
The printing credit will be reset at the beginning of each semester or term. Credits do not accumulate from semester to semester and are not refundable.What happens if I use all of my free print credits?
It will automatically deduct from your declining balance to print. However, you will not be able to print if you don’t have POSITIVE balance in your declining balance.Why can’t I print using Internet Explorer when I am viewing a document from my Google Email?
It doesn’t work in IE use Firefox. In Firefox,download the document and save it to the desktop (do NOT select open), then open the document from the desktop and print.Why can’t I print a document using Internet Explorer in my Google Email?
You must first save the document to the desktop (do NOT select open), then open the document from the desktop and select print.
What do I do if my print job is smudged and unusable?
See the Computer Lab Service Desk staff and they can assist you with reprinting and correcting your quota. Make sure that you bring the damaged print with you.How can I reduce my printing?
- Use web browser bookmarks to save material you are interested in rather than printing them.
- Email yourself URLs of web sites you are interested in rather than print them.
- Use the print preview feature of applications to verify output layout of documents which you are frequently updating. Only print when you are satisfied with the final result.
- When making changes or corrections to a document only print the page that contains the corrections instead of reprinting the entire document. If you are unsure how to do this a staff member at the Computer Lab Service Desk.
- Consider printing PowerPoint slides 3 to 6 to a page. This will also speed up the printing process.
- If your print job does not print don’t resend it. There may be many other jobs ahead of yours in the queue or the printer may have run out of paper. If you keep resending your documents to the printer multiple copies will be printed later and deducted from your account.
- When you leave a computer system make sure you remember to log out. If you leave yourself logged in someone else may be able to use your quota.