Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions

» Frequently Asked Questions

Toggle Section

Applying for Financial Aid

Does Chapman require any other applications besides the FAFSA, such as the CSS profile?

Chapman University does not utilize the CSS profile. All financial aid other than merit and talent scholarships are awarded based on the FAFSA information.

I am ineligible to complete a FAFSA, what are my options for need-based financial aid?

If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA, you may still be eligible to complete a California DREAM Act application. The California DREAM Act Application allows California-based students who are ineligible to complete a FAFSA to apply for state financial aid. Chapman also uses this application to determine eligibility for a grant from Chapman. Visit Chapman’s Undocumented Applicants page for additional information. If you are an international student, please visit our International Students page for more information.

Do I need to complete a FAFSA if I am only interested in receiving a merit and/or talent scholarship?

No. You are only required to complete a FAFSA if you are interested in receiving need-based financial aid and/or federal loans. If you have been offered a merit and/or talent scholarship at the time of admission, you will not be required to complete a FAFSA in order to receive these funds.

I completed a FAFSA, however, it does not accurately reflect my family’s income. Can I receive more aid?

If the FAFSA does not accurately reflect your family's income, you may be eligible for a Financial Aid Appeal.