» Complaints

It is important that students have an opportunity to voice their concerns or frustrations if they feel poorly served or if they disagree with an administrative or departmental decision. If the matter cannot be resolved directly with the employee or department involved, you should write or speak to the supervisor of that employee or department.  If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome, you can go to the next level, and then to the next level after that, and so on. It is more appropriate and effective to work your way up rather than start at the top. (If you start at the top, that person simply will refer the matter down to the appropriate department for review.) If it would be helpful to discuss your specific situation and review your options, feel free to schedule an appointment with the Dean of Students office. In many cases, students are not looking for specific action but rather an opportunity simply to vent about their experience; the Dean of Students office staff is happy to meet with you for this purpose as well. You can reach the Dean of Students office staff at dos@chapman.edu.

The Student Government Association is also available to advocate on behalf of the undergraduate student body. Attend Senate meeting on Fridays from 1-3 p.m. in the Argyros Forum Second Floor Boardroom, contact your senator, or email sga@chapman.edu to have your voice heard.

Graduate students may contact the Graduate Student Association who may advocate on their behalf. You can email graduatestudentassociation@chapman.edu to have your voice heard.