» Housing Forms

You may submit completed forms to the Office of Residence Life and First Year Experience by:

Emailing us: 

Visiting us: 
Chapman University
Davis Community Center, 2nd floor

Mailing to:
Chapman University
Office of Residence Life & First Year Experience
One University Drive
Orange, CA 92866

Toggle Section

Residence License Agreement (RLA)

The Residence License Agreement (RLA) is the financially binding agreement between the resident and Chapman University. Residents must review and digitally agree to the RLA through the Housing Portal. You can review the general language agreement by clicking on the appropriate link: 

2019-2020: 9-Month Agreement (academic year)

2019-2020: 12-Month Agreement (calendar year)

2017-2018: 9-Month Agreement (academic year)

2018-2019: 9-Month Agreement (academic year)

2018-2019 12-Month Agreement (calendar year)

2018-2019: Summer Only Agreement (June to August)

2017-2018: 12-Month Agreement (calendar year)

2017-2018: Summer Only Agreement (June to August)



License Release Request Form

While students are legally and financially bound to their given housing assignment for the entire period identified on the Residence License Agreement, some exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances. If a student wishes to leave on-campus housing, they must submit a License Release Request Form, including the supplemental documents described on the form. Please note that the submission of a license release request does not guarantee its approval.

Disability Accommodation Request

Any student requesting a disability accommodation must complete this Disability Accommodation Request Form. The request must include all required information as outlined in this form, including documentation from the student’s health care provider.

Emotional Support Animal Request Form

Chapman University recognizes that living on campus and being in school can be stressful for students. The University maintains a “no pets” policy in the residence halls and apartment communities. However, in accordance with applicable law, the University will consider requests for accommodations to housing policy to allow students equal access and use of Chapman University housing.

Read the full ESA Policy here.

Graduate and Law Student Housing Request Form

Any graduate or law student who is interested in living in one of our University apartments must submit this Graduate and Law Student Housing Request Form. Applicants will be contacted if a property becomes available and a credit check will be required.

Guest Registration

Chapman University requires that all guests be checked in through our guest registration system and carry the guest pass issued. If you have questions regarding Chapman University’s guest policies please refer to the Student Conduct Code.

Sick Tray Request Form

If an injury or illness leaves you unable to go to Randall Dining Commons for your meals, you can request that a roommate, friend, or member of the Housing and Residence Life staff be allowed to pick up a sick tray for you to be brought back to your room. This meal will be charged to your meal plan. To do so, this Sick Tray Request Form must be presented along with your student I.D. to the University Dining Services staff. This form is valid for one meal only - a new form must be completed for additional requests.

Residence Life Film Permit Application

The Office of Residence Life and First Year Experience strongly recommends that you begin this application process at least 14 days prior to your anticipated start date. Please also understand this is a request and may be denied or revoked by the Office of Residence Life and First Year Experience at any time. In preparation of this application, please take into consideration the following items, which may be in violation of our policies and may result in an automatic denial of your application.

  • Depictions of acts of violence including the use or exhibition of any weapons including fake and replicas.

  • Simulated or actual use of any type of drugs

  • The use or simulated use of any alcoholic beverages

  • The use of any animals (excluding fish tanks under 10 gallons)

  • The use of fire or smoke effects

  • Excessive amperage requirement

  • Excessive noise

  • Any other activities that violate the Student Conduct Code or the Residential Living License Agreement

Click here for the film permit instructions & application.