» Transfer Credit and Articulation

Shortcut to this page: www.chapman.edu/transfercredit 

Chapman University articulation staff determine the transferability of coursework taken at other institutions and provides transfer credit approval service to Chapman students.

Articulation Specialists at the Registrar's Office evaluate courses for degree credit, or for credit toward general education and general transferability within established university policies and guidelines.

Prospective Students

Thinking of transferring to Chapman University? Please go to our Transfer Admission site

Prospective students work with the Office of Admission for any transfer related inquiries. Resources on this page are available to answer general questions related to how tests and transfer courses are accepted. The TES and Transferology resources listed at the bottom of this page allow public access to view previously approved courses. In addition, users can create a list of courses from an institution and preview how credits may be applied upon transfer. 

For inquiries regarding the transferability of credit, admission requirements, or for any specific transfer questions, please email transfers@chapman.edu. You may also request to set up an appointment to speak with a Chapman representative.

To check if the college-level coursework completed at other institutions may be eligible for transfer credit, use the following search tools in the Registrar's Office' sites:

Please note, transfer guides for California community college, out-of-state colleges, and 4- year universities have been removed, as they are currently being updated.

Search Transfer Course Approvals 

Course approvals listed on the TES and Transferology links do not include actual converted credit values. Approvals displayed include course and/or requirement designation, but it does not confirm the credit amounts that will transfer. See Transfer Credit Policies and Guidelines for information related to credit conversion. 

  • TES
    • Search for pre-approved transfer courses
  • Transferology (requires a login, but saves course history entered)
    • See how your courses will transfer from another school
    • Find a replacement course: search for Chapman courses that can be taken in transfer at other institutions

Independent Study Abroad Applicants

If you choose to study abroad independently, please download the Independent Applicant instructions to learn more about student responsibility, status, transfer credits, financial aid, and support from Chapman.

All independent study abroad credits will be considered transfer credit and are subject to the transfer policy as described in the current catalog.