» Academic Probation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Toggle Section

How did I get placed on academic probation?

Undergraduates are placed on academic probation if, in any semester, their term or cumulative GPA at Chapman falls below a 2.00 (a "C" average).

Courses Repeated for Higher Grades Policy

Did you know that any undergraduate course numbered 100-499 at Chapman may be repeated to improve the grade?  The lower grade remains on the record with a notation that the course has been repeated.  Only the higher grade and credit are computed in the cumulative grade point average.  In exercising this option, a student must repeat the same course at Chapman.