All University employees (faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees) are required to report any gender- or sex-based discrimination or harassment (this is inclusive of all alleged incidents of sexual violence) to a Title IX Coordinator. The only exceptions to this requirement are those individuals who are designated as privileged and confidential resources.
On-campus reporting options
These are individuals on campus who work with community concerns, including those related to sex- or gender-based harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct. They are available if you want to report an incident, share a concern, or have questions about the Title IX investigative and adjudicative process.
These individuals work with student(s)-to-student(s) matters:
- DeAnn Yocum Gaffney, Ed.D., Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Senior Associate Dean of Students
Lead Title IX Coordinator
Argyros Forum 101
- Chris Toutain, Program Coordinator for Student Conduct
Argyros Forum 302B
- Kristen Entringer, Program Coordinator for Student Conduct
Argyros Forum 302A
These individuals work with matters involving faculty and staff:
- Misha Martinez, Equal Opportunity and Diversity Officer
Title IX Deputy Coordinator
DeMille Hall room 103
These are additional reporting options on campus:
- Public Safety Department – (714) 997-6763
Available 24 hours 7 days a week
- Dean of Students Office – (714) 997-6721
- Office of Human Resources – (714) 997- 6686
Once an incident is reported to the University, it will be forwarded to a Title IX Coordinator. Learn more about Title IX investigation procedures for cases involving students here. The Student Sexual Misconduct Policy includes information about prohibited conduct, the University definition of consent, and other information about University processes. There are also FAQs for complainants and FAQs for respondents available.