» Getting a Social Security Number

You can only apply for a social security number and card if you receive employment. Initially, you can only work on campus jobs. After one academic year, you are eligible for paid internships that would allow you to work off-campus in a job related to your field of study. After graduation, you are eligible for one year of full-time employment if you participate in Optional Practical Training (OPT).

Nearby Social Security Offices:


300 S. Harbor Blvd., Suite 310

Anaheim, CA 92805

Santa Ana

E. First St., Suite 500

Santa Ana, CA, 92705

Newport Beach

4525 MacArthur Blvd.

Newport Beach, CA 92660