» Housing for Graduate and Law Students

Residence Life and First Year Experience is pleased to offer apartment housing for graduate and law students at the Panther Village Apartments for the 2018-2019 academic year.

Our housing is safe, healthful, well-maintained, affordable, clean, and accessible. The information below will help you learn about our housing process and will provide you with insight into what it is like to live in the Orange community. If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please feel free to contact us.

Expand All
Collapse All

+ - Application and Assignment Process

Chapman University has some housing available for graduate and law students. Students who are interested in living in one of our university-owned properties should complete a Graduate and Law Student Housing Request Form. Housing is not guaranteed - students will be informed as early as late May/early June if we can accommodate them. Graduate and law students can also find alternative living arrangements off campus. Our off-campus housing coordinator, Lauren Zlotecki, can assist students seeking off-campus housing and can be reached at zlotecki@chapman.edu.

+ - Services and Resources

At the Panther Village Apartments, internet, water, electricity, gas, trash pick-up and landscaping are included in the cost of housing.

At other university-owned graduate apartments (such as the Olive and Law buildings), Chapman University is financially responsible for trash pick-up, water, and landscaping. Students living in these units are therefore financially responsible for all other utility services (phone, cable, internet, gas, electric, etc.).

+ - Trash Pick-Up

CR&R Waste and Recycling Services is responsible for picking up your trash and recycle bins.

+ - Facilities Maintenance Requests

If you would like to request that a facilities or maintenance issue be addressed, you need to complete a Facilities Work Request. Please include as much detail as possible in your request so that the Facilities staff member will know exactly what the problem is in your room/apartment/house. The time of completion depends on the severity of the issues they are currently responding to.

For emergency situations (such as plumbing issues, electrical hazards, broken windows or doors) that could cause safety/health risks or property damage, call Public Safety immediately. Provide the dispatcher with all the pertinent information, including your housing assignment and the exact nature of the problem, and they will contact the necessary Facilities staff member to respond to your emergency.

+ - Other Service Providers

There are numerous service providers for telephone, cable and Internet service. The below companies have been used by our residents frequently, but are by no means an endorsement of their service. It is advisable that residents search for a service that best suits their needs and feels comfortable to them.

+ - Living in the Orange Community

Graduate students are also members of the greater Orange and Southern California communities. Chapman University is located within the Old Towne Historical District of the City of Orange. This unique downtown area is known for its historical landmarks and vibrant culture. Visit Living in Orange for information on actively participating in the surrounding community.

  • Featured
  • News
  • Events