» Registrar Information Regarding Coronavirus

Due to COVID-19, the Office of the University Registrar has created this webpage for important registrar related updates. Please visit Chapman's Coronavirus webpage for all university updates.

Toggle Section

Adding Classes that require a signature

If you need to register for a class that requires an instructor or department signature (such as waiving prerequisites or overriding the waitlist for a full class), the paper Registration Form is no longer active. Students should now be using the online Permission Number Request system. For details on how to use this new system, please refer to the Permission Number Request Student Documentation. Please be sure to add yourself to the waitlist in your my.chapman.edu account prior to completing the Permission Number Request form.

If you need to drop/withdraw from a class, you may do so via my.chapman.edu.

If you need to change the credit amount in a variable credit class, you may do so via my.chapman.edu.

If you need to change the grading option for a class (P/NP or Graded), you may do so via my.chapman.edu.

If you need to Audit a class, you will need to email registrar@chapman.edu from your Chapman email account and the instructor will need to email approval to registrar@chapman.edu. If you have a time conflict for registration, approval from both instructors should be sent to registrar@chapman.edu.

For questions on dropping/withdrawing/variable credit/grading options, you can email registrar@chapman.edu. For questions about Permission Number Requests, you can email the department offering the class. 

As a reminder, the waitlist is no longer processed when the semester begins and registration add requests must be submitted through the online system.