• Students walking down cobblestone road next to river in Spain
Center for Global Education

DACA & Undocumented Students Abroad

» DACA & Undocumented Students Abroad

The Center for Global Education is proud to affirm our commitment to support our DACA and undocumented student population at Chapman University through Diversity and Inclusion. DACA and undocumented students are encouraged to seek domestic and international educational opportunities through Chapman. After reviewing the information below, meet with your Global Education Advisor to go over additional questions and concerns.

US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) is accepting Advance Parole applications for current DACA recipients. DACA and undocumented students should seek counsel from an experienced U.S. immigration attorney before planning any travel outside the U.S. Laws can change, and DACA and undocumented students have a risk of not being able to return to the U.S. if they leave.

Alternatives to International Study Abroad at Chapman

Students can travel in the U.S. with a driver’s license, state identification card, passport, or other document accepted by the mode of transportation.

Legal Resources

Travel Resources

Higher Education Resources

  • NAFSA Association shares information for DACA students
  • Pomona College: See "Things to Consider"
  • UC Berkeley: Travel Abroad for Undocumented Students
  • Penn State: Resources for the Immigrant Community
  • California State University Fullerton has also offered to help any college student with regards to DACA and can be contacted at the Titan Dreamers Resource Center at 657-278-3234