The Attallah College of Educational Studies hosts numerous events throughout the year including lectures, panel discussions, community events, student showcases, conferences, and more.
The forum includes keynote speakers, a panel discussion with Q&A, and breakout sessions with field leaders. Networking opportunities will be available and encouraged!
- Inaugural Women’s Leadership Forum: Igniting the Flame
- 2nd Annual Women’s Leadership Forum: Collective Lights of Leadership
- 3rd Annual Women's Leadership Forum will be on March 2, 2019.
Ethnic Studies looks at the intersections of the many forms of oppression and identities, not just race. Attallah College’s annual summit is a nonpartisan event designed to help shape the understanding and development of Ethnic Studies programs at Chapman University and beyond. The goal is to foster a dialogue and inform the public on the purpose and goal of Ethnic Studies. The summit gathers local and national leaders in education and other key stakeholders, including students, parents, and community leaders.
- 2nd Annual Education and Ethnic Studies Summit
- 3rd Annual Education and Ethnic Studies Summit
- 4th Annual Education and Ethnic Studies Summit will be held on April 27, 2019.
Education Roundtable on Excellent Schools
Meeting the Needs of Orange County's Underserved Families and Students
Although structures and approaches to K-12 schooling may be widely debated, one goal unites us all: we are committed to serving all students. Each year, Attallah College hosts a collaborative event where members of the community have an opportunity to become agents of change. The event includes a reception as well as a panel and roundtable discussions with leaders in education.
- Education Roundtable3 on Excellent Schools launched Attallah College’s Education Prize (ePrize)
- Education Roundtable4 on Excellent Schools: Focus on Mental Health
- Education Roundtable5 on Excellent Schools will be held on October 30, 2018.
The Thompson Policy Institute (TPI) on Disability and Autism hosts an annual summit to present its research that results in policy recommendations to decision makers at the local, state, and eventually national levels.
- The 3rd Annual DisAbility Summit was held on Monday, May 7, 2018.
- The 4th Annual DisAbility Summit will be on Friday, April 19, 2019.
Scholarship and Endowed Fellowship Luncheon
Each year, Attallah College holds an annual luncheon where undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. scholarship and fellowship recipients are recognized. The luncheon also gives donors the opportunity to meet their student recipients and hear their stories.
Read about the many students who received awards and fellowships in 2017.
Attallah College hosts a reception for doctoral students, scholars, and international partners at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), the premiere national research society.