Student Appeal Guidelines:
The deadline to submit an appeal is 6 months after the charge has posted to your student account. Requests after the deadline will not be considered.
- A written narrative is required explaining the request for refund. Late Fee Appeal forms submitted without explanation and details of the request will not be considered.
- The submission of a late fee appeal does not guarantee approval.
- The submission of a late fee appeal does not extend the due date for any outstanding charges while awaiting a decision by the late Fee Appeals Committee.
Appeals are reviewed for the existence of extenuating circumstances only and must include documentation. The following circumstances may warrant approval; however each appeal is considered based on the facts and documentation presented:
- Call to or enlisted in active duty military service within the semester
- Death in immediate family (student, parent, spouse, child, sibling)
Circumstances generally not sufficient to support an appeal include, but are not limited to:
- Not being aware of registration and/or tuition and fee payment due dates
- Insufficient financial aid or financial hardship
- Lack of familiarity with Chapman University system or procedures
If you are a student and submitting appeal via email, you must use your assigned Chapman University email account
If you are an Authorized party submitting appeal via email, your personal email may be used. However, please indicate Authorized party full name and relationship to student. To qualify as an Authorized party, you must be listed in one of the following student’s records on file with Chapman University:
- Chapman University Release Authorization
- Tuition and Fee Master Payment Contract
- Set up on ePay system as an Authorized user by the Chapman University student
Click here to download the Late Fee Appeal Form