- Mission of the program
- How does the program support the mission and strategic plan of the University?
- Educational goals
- Brief history
- How has the program responded to its most recent program review?
- Provide data or evidence in support of your answers to the following:
- How does the academic unit support the general education program?
- Has the program made significant progress towards achieving national recognition during the period under review?
- How has the program contributed to the institutional Strategic Plan themes of: Global Citizenship, Internationalization, Interdisciplinary Studies and Faculty/Student Research?
- How has the program demonstrated its commitment to diversity and inclusion?
- What are the program's future plans for achieving national recognition?
- Program’s strengths and weaknesses
- Proposed changes and opportunities
- Program marketing and website:
- Describe the program's strategies for marketing and presenting itself. What efforts have been made to ensure that the program's image is accurate and reflects the current state of the discipline and an environment that is intellectually challenging and inclusive?
- Vision, goals and challenges
- Future of the discipline; current debates and trends
- Curriculum of the future
- Areas of expertise represented on faculty and areas needed or no longer needed: full-time and part-time
- Enrollment goals
- Website and marketing plan
- Diversity and inclusion plan: curriculum, recruitment, climate, community, prioritization
- Plan to increase national profile or ranking
- Key data and performance indicators to be tracked
- Leadership and organizational structure
- Plans for ensuring the success of junior faculty
- Plans for ensuring the success of students
- Plans for minors or participation in General Education
- Educational effectiveness: program learning outcome assessment plans and, for undergraduate programs, plans to assess WASC Core Competencies
- Long term equipment and resource needs
- Long term staff needs
- If professionally accredited, accreditation concerns and needs
3. Educational Effectiveness and Curriculum
- Degrees offered
- Program learning outcomes for each degree
- Degree requirements, curriculum map, course catalog descriptions
- Syllabi: are program and course learning outcomes clearly indicated?
- Describe the program's commitments to diversity and inclusion as reflected in the curriculum (i.e., syllabi, program leaning outcomes, course learning outcomes and/or unique pedagogical approaches)
- Describe evidence or indicators you use to know if program is doing a good job, comparatively? (Standardized test scores, professional accreditation, competitions, presentations, shared criteria or rubrics, comparative data or rankings, etc.)
- How does the program compare to its competitors or other like programs in terms of student learning?
Required Supporting Data: Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports, (last 5 years), Assessment Committee Responses, (last 5 years), Curriculum Map, Course Syllabi, Rubrics4. Students and Learning Environment
- Number of majors/minors
- Five-year admission trend analysis: number of inquiries, applications, deposits and enrollments
- Graduation and retention data analysis
- How do rates for underrepresented student populations, Pell Grant recipients, women and first generation students compare to the overall rates?
- Describe student support services
- Describe advisement process
- Opportunities: internships, practica, professional development, and/or field experiences
- Provide any data showing student satisfaction with the overall quality of their learning experiences including their perception of inclusion and the climate for diversity
5. Faculty: Fulltime and Adjunct
- Faculty overview
- Faculty usage / workload
- Faculty evaluation plan
- Criteria for evaluating faculty
- Tenure and promotion guidelines
- Faculty professional development plan
Required Supporting Data: Faculty Vitae; Faculty Evaluation Plan, Tenure and Promotion Guidelines; Governance/Procedures Manual; Faculty (Institutional Data)
6. Program Administration and Support
- Administrative support
- Student Support Services
Recommended Supporting Data: Annual budget revenues and expenditures for last five years
- Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports, last 5 years (Required)
- Assessment Committee Responses, last 5 years (Required)
- Curriculum Map (Required)
- Course Syllabi (Required)
- Rubrics (Required)
- Departmental Strategic Plan (Recommended)
- Faculty Vitae (Required)
- Faculty Evaluation Plan (Required)
- Tenure and Promotion Guidelines (Required)
- Academic Advising Guidelines for Students/Faculty (Required)
- Governance/Procedures Manual (Required)
- Other department/school documents/information
- Enrollments/Course Offerings
- Students- Enrollment, Graduation and Retention Data