» Mental Health Resources

This is an online resource for mental health and provides information about on campus counseling, on campus group sessions, student organizations, and online resources. Know of a resource you would like to add? Contact us!

+ - On Campus Counseling

Student Psychological Counseling Services

Student Psychological Counseling Services (SPCS) provides psychotherapy to students at Chapman University and is staffed with licensed and professional psychologists, counselors and counselor interns.

Andrea Killian
Student Psychological Counseling Coordinator
(714) 997-6778
410 N. Glassell Street (House between Public Safety & Student Health)

Frances Smith Center in Crean College

Under the auspices of Chapman University’s Marriage and Family Therapy Program, the Center operates as a non-profit clinic for individuals, couples, families, and children. The dual mission of the Center is to provide high quality and affordable mental health services to the local community and to provide an excellent training and research environment to the graduate students in the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program at Chapman University. The Frances Smith Center is open to (1) Chapman graduate students who have not elected to pay the health fee; and (2) Chapman undergraduates that have already used their 8-session limit per academic year through Student Psychological Counseling Services. Chapman students will be assessed the minimum fee of $15 per session.

(714) 997-6746
501 W. Palm Avenue, Orange, CA  92868

+ - On Campus Group Sessions

The Student Psychological and Counseling Services and the Francis Smith Center for Individual and Marriage Therapy offer group sessions throughout the year free of charge.


For more information go to the front desk of Student Psychological Counseling Services located at 410 N. Glassell St. (across the street from Schmid Gate) or call (714) 997-6778


The Frances Smith Center for Individual and Family Therapy also is offering psychoeducational group sessions. Operated by our nationally-accredited Marriage and Family Therapy program, the Center provides high quality and affordable mental health services to the local community and training and research environment to the graduate students in the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program. 

Sessions are free for Chapman students and will be held at the Frances Smith Center at 501 W. Palm. To register call 714-997-6746, press 1, and complete a brief telephone intake. If you are already a client, speak to your assigned therapist.

+ - Student Organizations


Active Minds is a student run mental health organization focused on changing the conversation about mental health and promoting a positive sense of well-being. Through campus-wide events and national programs, Active Minds at Chapman aims to remove the stigma that surrounds mental health issues, and create a comfortable environment for an open conversation about mental health issues at Chapman University.


+ - Online Resources


Orange County is a grassroots, family and consumer self-help support and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with severe mental illnesses, i.e., schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depression), clinical depression, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and PTSD.

Contact: (714) 544-8488 1810 East 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705


NOTE: If your concern is related to an EMERGENCY where there may be an imminent risk to the safety of others, please directly call one of the following offices:

  • 911 - if you are dealing with a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately
  • Public Safety - (714) 997-6763 - direct all calls after regular business hours and on the weekends should be directed to Public Safety

Concerned about a student?

The Student Concerns Intervention Team generally meets once a week to review concerns and develop plans for appropriate intervention. Concerned about a student? Are they showing any behaviors of concern? Fill out this student concern information form and it will be forwarded directly to the Associate Dean of Students in the Dean of Students Office.