Natural Science Inquiry Learning Outcome: Uses scientific principles and reasoning as away of knowing the natural world, distinguishing science from non-science.
The Natural Science Inquiry area was assessed in the fall 2011. The assessment of the student work samples collected resulted in the following action steps.Action Steps Taken:
- Outcome statement was revised
- New evaluation rubric for 7NI was developed
- Courses will be recertified by the GE Committee in light of the new outcome statement and rubric.
- New outcome statement and rubric criteria will be widely distributed to faculty members teaching 7NI courses each semester.
- In the future, specific assignment prompts should accompany student work samples that are collected for the purpose of 7NI assessment.
- The next 7NI assessment should be conducted within the next 5 years.
- The sample size will be increased to ensure assessment validity.