Purpose: The Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and most celebrated international fellowship awards in the world. Rhodes Scholars are chosen not only for their outstanding scholarly achievements, but for their character, commitment to others and to the common good, and for their potential for leadership in whatever domains their careers may lead. Rhodes Scholarships provide all expenses for two or three years of study at the University of Oxford in England, and may allow funding in some instances for four years.
- Open to enrolled undergraduate students and recent graduates
- Must by 23 or younger when applying
- Literary and scholastic attainments
- Energy to use one's talents to the full, as exemplified by fondness for and success in sports
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one's fellow beings.
Award: All college and university fees, stipend for living expenses, transportation to and from England.
Number of Awards: 32
Deadline: First Wednesday of October