Cyber Wars: Navigating Responsibilities for the Public and Private Sector
Friday, January 29, 2016
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Kennedy Hall, Room 237
Chapman University is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider and certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit in the amount of 6 units of MCLE credit (including 1.5 units of special MCLE-ethics credit).
Check-in & Registration (9 - 9:45 a.m.)
Opening Remarks (9:45 – 10 a.m.)
Panel I: The Government Perspective: Preventing, Regulating, and Responding to Cyberattacks (10 - 11:30 a.m.) (View webcast)
Moderator: Professor Thomas Bell, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Jasper Tran – University of Minnesota
- Scott Schakelford – Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Jeff Kosseff – United States Naval Academy
- Denis Binder – Chapman University Fowler School of Law
- Stephen Flores - Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Lunch & Keynote: Framework for the Future of Cybersecurity (11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.) (View webcast): Harvey Rishikof, Chair of ABA Advisory Standing Committee on Law and National Security; Co-Chair of ABA Cybersecurity Legal Task Force; former Dean of Roger Williams College of Law; Advisor to Harvard Law School’s National Security Journal
Panel II: The Corporate Perspective: Corporate Duties and Responsibilities Relating to Cyberattacks (1:30 – 3 p.m.) (View webcast)
Moderator: Dean Donald Kochan, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- David Groshoff – American Jewish University
- Mike Hornak – Partner, Rutan & Tucker
- Eric Vandevelde - Of Counsel, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Steven Brower - Shareholder, Buchalter Nemer, A Professional Law Corporation
- Jerry Huang - General Counsel, VIZIO
Panel III: Cybersecurity for the Practitioner: Client Security, Discovery, and Ethical Considerations (3:15 - 4:45 p.m.) (View webcast) * 1.5 MCLE- Ethics credits
Moderator: Professor Ronald Rotunda, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Eli Wald – University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- Drew Simshaw – Attorney & Teaching Fellow, Institute for Public Representation, Georgetown Law
- Tanya L. Forsheit – Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Los Angeles
- Scott B. Garner – Advisor and former Chair, Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct, State Bar of California; and Attorney, Umberg Zipser LLP
Closing Remarks (4:45 – 5 p.m.)
"En Banc" Reception: Cocktails and appetizers for all guests, panelists, faculty and students (5 – 7 p.m.)
Disability Services will be provided upon request.
For more information, please contact Senior Symposium Editor, Alexa Stephenson at email@example.com.