Students at Chapman
Student Business Services

» Refund

If a student receives more in financial aid than is necessary to pay for their tuition, fees, room and board (if applicable), and all of the aid shown arrives, then they may be entitled to a student refund, and the student may request a refund.

How May A Student Request A Refund?

A student may request a refund by visiting the Student Business Services Office located in the Bhathal Student Services building or by emailing their assigned Student Account Advisor from their Chapman email account.

What Are The Refund Options?    

  1. eRefund (Direct Deposit), create an eRefund account and funds will disburse into a bank account of your choice.
  2. A paper check mailed to your address.

Option 1: eRefunds (Direct Deposit)

Submit a refund request today and by the next business day the funds will have been electronically deposited to your designated checking or savings account. Avoid having to make an extra trip to the bank to deposit your refund check.

Secure - Direct deposit is added protection against theft or time delays from lost checks.

Convenient - Chapman University will deposit your refund directly into your bank account and send you a notification of the deposit to you via email.

Set-up Your eRefund Account:

  1. Login to
  2. Once logged in, click the arrow next to "Student Center".
  3. Click "Access ePay", under the Finance section
  4. Under My Profile Setup, click on "Electronic Refunds".
  5. Click on "Set up Account".
  6. Enter your checking or savings account information, click "Continue".
  7. Read through the terms and conditions, and check " I Agree", if all information looks correct.
  8. When you are ready, click "Continue".

Option 2: Paper Check Refunds

If you request a refund via-paper check please note that the University only prints checks once a week on Wednesday's.

Parent PLUS Loan Refunds

Parent PLUS Loans will be applied to your student's outstanding balance for tuition, room and board (if applicable), and other charges.  If the PLUS Loan posting results in a credit balance, parent may submit a refund request to the Student Business Services Office. Parent PLUS Loan refunds are processed as a paper check and issued to the borrower of the loan.

If a parent would like to request that excess Parent Plus Loan funds be released to their student a Parent Plus Loan Release Authorization would need to be completed and returned to the Student Business Services Office.