Attallah piazza
Argyros School Advising

» Welcome to Argyros School Advising

Argyros School Advising (ASA) provides accounting, business and economics program advising to current and prospective undergraduates seeking majors, minors or clusters from the Argyros School.  For more information about our Argyros School programs, please visit our Undergraduate Programs page. In particular, we support Accounting, Business and Economics majors to grow as individuals, to succeed in the classroom and to find their first professional destinations. Argyros School Advising sole focus is on our students’ success and satisfaction during and after their collegiate experience.  The principal responsibility for academic and career success lies with the individual student who must take the initiative to create opportunities for their own future goals.


Argyros School Advising has developed the Student Roadmap to Success to guide our students in their academic, personal and professional development while at the school.  The pages below provide links to the details of the roadmap.  We hope that our students find this roadmap a useful guide towards a successful outcome as they move through their program at the Argyros School.

Argyros School Advising delivers an integrated advising program with workshops, small group meetings and one on one consultations.  In addition Argyros School Advising staff hold drop in hours when students may simply stop by for a meeting.  For a list of services offered, drop-in hours, information about the Argyros School Advising staff, or to make an appointment please visit our Services and Information page.

Frequently Asked Questions

Toggle Section

Can I pass/no pass a major class?

Yes, the university has approved major or minor courses to be taken as pass/no pass for the Spring 2020 semester only.

How do I change a major course to pass/no pass?

Send an email from your Chapman email account to no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 16 as follows:

  • Subject line of email must be “Change of Grading Method”
  • Body of email contains
    • Your full name
    • ID number
    • Major and minor (if applicable because it is a course that is required to be taken for a letter grade)
    • Course number and section number
    • Specifically, what you are requesting:
      • Change of grading method from letter grade to P/NP -OR-
      • Change of grading method from P/NP to letter grade
**A minimum C- grade is still required in order to receive a Pass

Can I still withdraw from a course this semester (Spring 2020)?

Yes, the deadline to withdraw from a Spring 2020 course has been extended to May 15th at 5pm.

To withdraw from a course, you will need to do so through your student center at

Withdrawing from a course may put you below the 12-credit minimum for full-time status for undergraduates which may affect your financial aid. If this applies to you, please contact the Financial Aid office for more information.

If you are an international student and are withdrawing from a course which will put you below full-time status, please contact Junko Takada ( before withdrawing.

Are summer classes still being offered at Chapman?

Yes. Chapman Summer 2020 courses are still being offered and will be taught remotely.

Will Fall 2020 courses be taught in person or online?

As of now, Fall 2020 courses are planned to be taught in-person on campus unless otherwise notified by the university.

Can I take a course concurrently with a prerequisite?

No, prerequisites cannot be taken concurrently. You must complete the prerequisites before taking the class.

How do I register for a course that says “Instructor Consent Required”?

You will need to contact the instructor of the course in order to get permission to register.

How do I get a permission number?

Please submit your request for permission numbers through this Qualtrics form.

What is a permission number?

A permission number is a unique code used to register for a class and is specific to one section and may only be used one time:

  • If you need approval to take a course.
  • If you are taking the course prerequisite over the summer.
  • If you meet the prerequisites but are receiving a registration error

Do I need a permission number?

Please validate the courses in your shopping cart to verify any registration errors. Here are several scenarios for which you would need a permission number:

  • If you are taking a prerequisite course over the summer not at Chapman.
  • If you have any transfer courses or study abroad courses that were substituted for a prerequisite and are still receiving a registration error.

If I am taking a prerequisite course over the summer, not at Chapman, can I still register for the Chapman course in the fall?

Yes, we can give you a permission number for the fall. You will need to send proof of registration of your transfer course to once you are registered.

I am planning to declare or switch to an Argyros major and am currently taking the last prerequisites required to declare. Can I register for major courses in the fall?

Yes, we can issue permission numbers for fall courses for which you meet the prerequisites.

Once Spring grades are posted over the summer, we will verify you have met the required 2.5 core GPA.

Connect With Us

General Inquiries and Website Feedback

Make An Appointment with Argyros School Advising
Go to Handshake

Stacey Moynahan
Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Programs and Career Services
Office:  Beckman Hall 305A

Eva H. Valencia, Ed.D
Program Advisor
Office:  Beckman Hall 305E

Jenna Tarin
Program Advisor
Office:  Beckman Hall 305D