Creating a Rape-free Environment for Students
C.A.R.E.S. is a group of students who are committed to raising awareness regarding rape and sexual assault. The mission includes disseminating prevention information and stimulating discussion with the aim of impacting the rape mentality that pervades our culture. The formal C.A.R.E.S. rape prevention program, the Clothesline Project, Men of Integrity / Women of Action and Take Back the Night are some of the programs that are utilized to educate and raise awareness regarding sexual assault. C.A.R.E.S. members have committed themselves to confronting the very serious and sensitive topic of rape and sexual assault prevention education.
To find out more information and updates on C.A.R.E.S., please visit our Facebook page at: www.Facebook.com/ChapmanCares
- To raise awareness regarding the prevalence of rape and sexual assault on university campuses by providing information and statistics.
- To educate the Chapman community regarding ways to reduce the risk of becoming a victim of sexual assault.
- To stimulate dialogue regarding rape and sexual assault
- To encourage the acquisition and use of assertiveness, communication and healthy dating and interpersonal skills.
- To challenge individuals to examine cultural beliefs and values regarding gender stereotypes and a rape mentality.
- To provide current resources and referral information.
Information on what to do if you have experienced sexual violence can be found here>>
Information on ChapMAN'S Walk Against Violence can be found here>>
C.A.R.E.S. Bystander Intervention Video
This video contains potentially upsetting material and has been marked with a Trigger Warning.