The mission of the Academic Advising Center is to coordinate and support an advising program that consistently provides students with the information and counsel they need to develop sound educational goals, and to make effective decisions about University courses and programs that will enable them to realize those goals.
Through individual appointments, drop-in advising, and advising workshops, the Academic Advising Center will provide the following services for students and faculty advisors:
- Answer questions concerning academic policy, transfer credit, the appropriateness of general education courses, changing majors, petitions, etc.
- Provide advising workshops for new students (both freshman and transfer) and assist with registration.
- Provide comprehensive advising for all first year students.
- Serve as primary advisors for undeclared students.
- Make referrals to additional advising resources and academic support services.
Underlying all of these services is the goal of educating students so that they might assume their appropriate responsibilities in the academic advising process.