Students are considered withdrawn from the Chapman University if:
- The student drops all courses in which they are enrolled during a semester.
- After completing a semester the student does not return for the subsequent semester.
Students withdrawing during the semester may drop their classes through WebAdvisor or submit a Registration Form to drop classes to the Office of the University Registrar during the drop and withdraw periods of the term being attended.
Undergraduate students who plan to return after interrupting their enrollment at Chapman University must review the Interrupted Enrollment policy.
Graduate students who plan to return after interrupting their enrollment must review the Leave of Absence policy.
Current students who are uncertain whether or not to withdraw from the university are strongly urged to contact the campus Dean of Students prior to withdrawing. Graduate students should contact the Chancellor's Office.
Steps to Withdraw
- Drop all classes in which you are currently enrolled via WebAdvisor's "Drop Classes/Withdrawal" function, or submit a Registration form to drop at the Office of the University Registrar.
- Students who are certain they will not return to Chapman University and wish to end their academic program should email the Office of the University Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Complete Withdrawal.
- Students receiving financial aid or loans must complete and submit the Loan Exit Interview Form to the Financial Aid Office. Click on the "Exit Counseling" button from the Financial Aid Office website.
- Contact the Business Office to review your account and update any outstanding balances. Refunds are available based upon Chapman University's Tuition Refund Schedule for the term.
- As a courtesy, let your academic advisor know of your departure.
- If you are a resident student, see your residence director to check out and turn in your key.
- Other considerations: turn in library books, athletic equipment, film and television equipment, and any other items which belong to Chapman University.