» Requesting & Obtaining I-20


Here are some important links to help you as you prepare for your arrival at Chapman:

+ - Important Information Regarding F-1 Visa Application Process

StudyInTheStates.gov Guide: Easy-to-follow website with everything you need to know about being an international student beginning with the I-20, arriving at the airport, maintaining F-1 status, and other helpful information.

Citizens of Canada do not have to apply for an F-1 visa at the consulate. Entering the USA with an I-20 automatically puts you in F-1 status.  To find out more about how to obtain F-1 status as a Canadian student visit the website of the U.S. Embassy for Canadian Students.  

+ - Find your Nearest Consulate

Visit USEmbassy.gov to find your nearest consulate. 

+ - Supplemental form Required for I-20

Please print and fill out the following appropriate form: 

+ - SEVIS Transfer Students

Please make sure you have given your old school a copy of the Transfer Form so that they can release your record to us. 

+ - Graduate and Transfer Student Housing

On campus housing is not guaranteed for graduate and transfer students but there are resources to help you find off campus housing. For help finding housing please visit the off campus housing website and fill out an interest questionnaire.

You can also visit the Roommate Corner on Facebook where Chapman students who are looking for roommates post their rooms for rent.

For questions regarding off campus housing, contact:

Amanda Zamora
Off-Campus Housing Coordinator
Office of Housing and Residence Life
Chapman University
Office: (714) 997-6593

The International Student & Scholar Services also keeps a list of rooms for rent. You can contact Susan Sams if you are interested.