» IETL Programs
+ - IETL Faculty Ambassadors
The IETL Faculty Ambassadors are faculty members specifically recognized for disciplinary teaching excellence, who serve as mentors and consultants for the faculty within their specific academic units. The 2016-17 IETL Ambassadors include
- Jennifer Waldeck, School of Communication, email@example.com
- Jessica Walker, Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Marzouk, Fowler School of Law, email@example.com
- Hamid Montazeri, School of Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Gartner, Schmid College of Science and Technology, email@example.com
Faculty members in these units may contact their IETL Ambassadors for assistance and with ideas for professional development activities in their units. Faculty members interested in serving as IETL Ambassadors in the future should look for the Call for Nominations which is distributed approximately in March/April for service the following academic year.
+ - 1:1 Consultations
+ - First Year Faculty Experience (FYFE)
+ - Summer Academy on Teaching
+ - JanCon (January Conference on Teaching)
JanCon, the IETL January Conference on Teaching, is a one-day event centered on a theme relevant to teaching excellence at Chapman. Previous JanCons have involved faculty members in activities and discussions about a variety of topics including critical thinking, collaborative learning experiences, and scholarly teaching. Visit the IETL Blackboard Organization section on Past IETL Events for additional information and documentation (authentication required).
This academic year's JanCon, the 4th annual, is January 24-26 and will center on the theme Learning About Learning.