» Bike Voucher Program
The Bike Voucher Program is offered to current Chapman students, faculty, and staff who meet the eligibility requirements. Those who qualify will receive a voucher worth $350 that may be used at one of the local bike shops listed below to cover the cost of a bike, a U-lock, and a helmet, or to upgrade your bike for commuting purposes. In exchange, you will relinquish your right to purchase a Chapman parking permit for the next 2 years. This program is a great way to cut down on the costliness of motor vehicle transportation, improve health, and lessen your contribution to air pollution.
In the tabs below, you can find the participating bicycle retailers and a helpful new application for cyclists, along with information on how to apply for the program.
Read about the details of the Bike Voucher Program.
- Participating Shops
- Ride the City
- Apply Using OrgSync
- Those who receive a bike voucher will be able to use the money towards bicycle equipment at any of the following three stores, which are all located very close to Chapman's campus in Orange:
If you do not see your preferred local Orange shop listed, contact us at email@example.com and we will work to contact them about our voucher program.
The newly created Ride the City application is your one-stop shop for everything you may need for your bike commute. Ride the City provides many resources for cyclists across the country. Here is just some of the helpful information they give:
- Bicycle lanes in your area
- Suggested routes that are bicycle-friendly
- Bicycle shops nearby
- Places to rent bicycles
- Option to share these things with your friends
Find the Ride the City website here.
- Applications are now open for the 2015-2016 academic school year. Sign in to your Chapman OrgSync account and click on our organization (Bike Voucher Program) to view additional details. Submit your application by September 30th, 2015 at 5 PM.