»Fowler School of Law Faculty in the News
- Professor Tom Bell discusses his new book Intellectual Privilege: Copyright, Common Law, and the Common Good on Reason TV.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the "Verdict" section of Justia.com, entitled "Banning the Export of American Oil" on July 21, 2014.
- Professor Hugh Hewitt authored "Make the Border Kids Americans" in Politico Magazine on July 17, 2014.
- Dean Tom Campbell authored an op-ed for the Orange County Register entitled “Tom Campbell: Limiting campaign cash without rewriting Constitution” on July 11, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan’s article “While Effusive, “Conclusory” is Still Quite Elusive: The Story of a Word, Iqbal, and a Perplexing Lexical Inquiry of Supreme Importance,” 73 University of Pittsburgh Law Review 215 (2011), was cited in a United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania opinion on July 8, 2014 for the case of Burnett v. Springfield Township.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the “Verdict” section of Justia.com, entitled “Changes in the Legal Profession and the Progress of Female Lawyers” on July 7, 2014.
- Professor Samuel Ernst authored "Does the California Eraser Law Withstand Dormant Commerce Clause Scrutiny? Does it Do Any Good At All?" (subscription required) in the Orange County Lawyer magazine July 2014 edition.
- Professor Hugh Hewitt and Professor John Eastman participated in the Townhall.com Weekend Journal radio segment entitled “SCOTUS Hobby Lobby Ruling: Broad or Narrow?” on July 3, 2014.
- Professor John Eastman authored "Harris v. Quinn Symposium: Abood and the walking dead" in the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) blog on June 30, 2014.
- Dean Tom Campbell authored an op-ed for the Orange County Register entitled "Tom Campbell: Resistance to Centralized Authority Grows in Europe" on June 26, 2014.
- Dean Tom Campbell was interviewed on "McIntyre in the Morning" on KABC Talkradio. Listen to the podcast now. During the interview, they referenced his recent op-ed "Tom Campbell: Is it Smart to Say When U.S. Would Use Military Force?" in the Orange County Register on June 16, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored “Increasing Revenue by Lowering Taxes” in the “Verdict” section of Justia.com on June 23, 2014.
- Professor Hugh Hewitt was featured in “Hewitt: Raul Labrador as Majority Leader Can ‘Stun the Media Elites’ and Shake up America” on Breitbart.com on June 16, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda was quoted in “The Hillary Tapes” in The Washington Free Beacon on June 15, 2014.
- Professor John Eastman was quoted in “Editorial: Civil rights lawsuit has unintended consequences” in The Press Enterprise on June 12, 2014.
- Professor Marisa S. Cianciarulo’s article "Unauthorized Americans and European Outcasts" was the ImmigrationProf Blog “Immigration Article of the Day” on June 11, 2014.
- Professor Bart J. Wilson was featured in CardHub’s “Ask the Experts” series about the pros and cons of payday loans on June 8, 2014.
- Professor John Eastman was quoted in “Can the Legislature Repeal Prop. 187?” in the Orange County Register on June 7, 2014.
- Professor Lan Cao’s book The Lotus and the Storm was featured in the “Summer Books Preview 2014” in The Los Angeles Times.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the “Verdict” section of Justia.com, entitled “Amending the First Amendment” on June 9, 2014. The story was mentioned in the ABA Journal online and the Washington Examiner.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda’s Constitutional Law, Seventh Edition text was cited in the Supreme Court of Alaska case State v. Schmidt, 323 P.3d 647. Professor Rotunda co-authored this text with Loyola University Chicago, School of Law Professor John E. Nowak.
- Professor John Eastman and Georgetown Professor Nicholas Rosenkranz spoke on a Federalism & Separation of Powers Practice Group Teleforum for the United States Supreme Court case Bond v. U.S. on June 4, 2014.
- Professor John Hall has lent his WWI collection to the Chapman University Leatherby Library Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections & Archives. The collection was described in the Orange County Register Chapman University section on May 27, 2014. The story was also shared in the Orange County Register on June 4, 2014.
- Professor John Eastman has been quoted in various media outlets recently, including “High Court Refuses to Block Oregon Gay Marriage” on ABC News and “IRS Sued By The National Organization For Marriage For Leaking Tax Information”in The Washington Free Beacon.
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal was quoted in “California kidnap victim faces credibility test” in the Belleville News-Democrat on May 23, 2014. The story has also been shared on other media outlets such as California News, Fox News, ABC News, The Town Talk and U.S. News.
- Professor Marisa Cianciarulo was interviewed on KNX 1070 Newsradio on May 22, 2014, discussing how undocumented immigrants are particularly vulnerable to manipulation and blackmail in relation to the current case of Isidro Garcia being charged with kidnapping.
- Professor Marisa Cianciarulo was quoted in “California husband is charged with rape and kidnapping as his lawyer claims victim wife, now 25, fabricated claims because the couple was splitting after 10 years” published by Associated Newspapers Ltd part of the Daily Mail on May 22, 2014. She was also quoted in “Mother Persuaded Kidnapped Woman to Go to Police” in The Big Story section of the Associated Press website on May 22, 2014. The story was picked up internationally and ran in numerous publications in the United States, England and Australia.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda has joined a group of over 200 leaders pledging solidarity and agreeing to speak out on behalf of ancient faith communities in Egypt, Iraq and Syria, recognizing the gravity of the situation facing religious minorities in these countries.
- Vice Chancellor and Professor Richard E. Redding was quoted in “Redding: Law School Reforms Will Harm Law Students and the Legal Profession” in the TaxProf Blog on May 20, 2014. The article was solely an excerpt from Redding’s publication “The Legal Academy Under Erasure” from the Catholic University Law Review (2014).
- Associate Dean Daniel Bogart co-authored a new property law text entitled Property Law Practice, Problems, and Perspectives with Professor Jerry L. Anderson from Drake University Law School. Their book departs from other texts by focusing on transactions in addition to litigation and includes a series of associated videos that demonstrate the effect of legal rules in practice.
- Professor Rita Barnett-Rose published an article in the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law (Volume 16, 2014, No. 1) entitled "Informed Consent, Psychotropic Medications, and a Prescribing Physician's Duty to Disclose Safer Alternative Treatments."
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the “Verdict” section of Justia.com, entitled “Prayers before Meetings of the Town Board of Greece, New York” on May 19, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the “Verdict” section of Justia.com, entitled “The Ninth Circuit Departs From Tinker in Upholding Ban on American Flag T-Shirts in School” on May 12, 2014.
- Professor John Eastman was quoted in “The Quiet Man: Once again, experts sound off on Justice Thomas' silence” in the May 2014 issue of the American Bar Association’s ABA Journal. The piece explored the United States Supreme Court justice’s choice to generally refrain from questioning lawyers during oral argument.
- Professor Hugh Hewitt has joined the Los Angeles office of Arent Fox LLP as a partner, working in the firm's Complex Litigation practice. Professor Hewitt, who specializes in federal and state land use and environmental matters, will continue to host his syndicated radio talk show and teach Constitutional Law at the Fowler School of Law.
- Professor Anthony Caso was interviewed on Metronews Talkline and the KQED Forum Show on May 6, 2014 to discuss the decision in the United States Supreme Court case of Town of Greece, New York v. Galloway.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal entitled "Endangering Jurors in a Terror Trial" on May 1, 2014 (subscription required).
- Professor Ernesto Hernandez authored an op-ed for the San Diego Union-Tribune entitled "Fight over Sriracha factory smell heating up" on May 1, 2014.
- Professor Tom Bell authored Intellectual Privilege: Copyright, Common Law, and the Common Good, a book published by Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
- Professor Denis Binder was interviewed about malicious prosecution for the "Foley caught up in lawsuit" article in the Daily Pilot on April 25, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan was elected by the American Bar Foundation (ABF) as a Fellow of the ABF. As described by the ABF, "The Fellows is an honorary organization of attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars who have been elected by their peers to become members of The Fellows. They have demonstrated outstanding achievements and dedication to the welfare of their communities and to the highest principles of the legal profession...Membership in The Fellows is limited to less than one percent of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction."
- Professor Donald Kochan published an article in the Chapman Law Review (Volume 17, Spring 2014, No. 2) entitled "Corporate Social Responsibility in a Remedy-Seeking Society: A Public Choice Perspective."
- Professor Frank Doti was featured in the "Frank Doti, Champion of Law and Order" article of the Orange County Register on April 25, 2014. The article discussed his teaching philosophy and his personal interests.
- Professor John Eastman was featured as a panelist in the "Public Forum: 'National Security Agency: Pros & Cons' with Congresswoman Maxine Waters (CA-43)" at Loyola Marymount University on April 24, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for "Verdict", Legal Analysis and Commentary on Justia.com, entitled "Using the State to Bully Dissidents" on April 24, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan presented on "The Law & Economics of Redevelopment: Kelo and Beyond" for the Federalist Society at the University of Southern California Gould School of Law on April 22, 2014.
- Professor David Gibbs was quoted in the Christian Science Monitor article "General Mills drops arbitration clause, but such contracts are 'pervasive'" published on April 21, 2014.
- Professor Ernesto Hernandez was interviewed on the "Has the Srirachapocalypse Arrived?" segment of the KCRW's Good Food radio show on April 19, 2014.
- Professor Ernesto Hernandez was interviewed about Sriracha, discussing the public nuisance legal issues on HuffPost Live on April 11, 2014 (segment begins at minute 12:45 of the video).
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the Daily Caller entitled "Congress must hold Lois Lerner in contempt" on April 10, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan published an article in the Brigham Young University Law Review (Volume 2013, No. 5) entitled "Public Lands and the Federal Government’s Compact-Based ‘Duty to Dispose’: A Case Study of Utah’s H.B. 148 — The Transfer of Public Lands Act.”
- Professor Henry S. Noyes authored "The Law of Direct Democracy," a book published by Carolina Academic Press.
- Professor Tom W. Bell participated in a live debate on Intellectual Property with Professor Richard Epstein of NYU School of Law hosted by LearnLiberty.org on April 9, 2014
- Professor Samuel Ernst was a panelist at PatCon 4: The Annual Conference at the University of San Diego on April 5, 2014. His panel discussed Patent Commercialization, Financing & Markets.
- Professor Marisa S. Cianciarulo published her article "Unauthorized Americans and European Outcasts" in the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal (Vol. 27, No. 3, Spring 2013).
- Professor John Hall traveled to Cambodia to secure 2014 summer internships opportunities for students in social justice and human rights non-governmental organizations.
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal was quoted in the Glendale News-Press article "Letter challenges Glendale's women's self-defense classes" on March 27, 2014.
- Dean Tom Campbell was the featured speaker of the Orange County Business Council’s first Chairman’s Leadership Breakfast Series on March 27, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan published an article in the Saint Louis University Law Journal (Vol. 58, No. 2, winter 2014) entitled "The Mask of Virtue: Theories of Aretaic Legislation in a Public Choice Perspective." It was reviewed as "deeply interesting & highly recommended" by Lawrence Solum in the Legal Theory Blog.
- Professor Ernesto A. Hernandez authored an op-ed for the Chicago Tribune on March 21, 2014 entitled "Save Sriracha!" (subscription required for online version).
- Several professors including Bobby Dexter, Michael Lang and Robert Morrow moderated or participated on panels at the Chapman Law Review 2014 Symposium. Professor Robert Morrow also spoke at the dinner the night before the event. His article on partnership taxation will be included in the next issue of the Chapman Law Review.
- Fowler Law Dean Tom Campbell wrote a memo to the deans of every California law school regarding a proposed revision to the US News rankings. The deans supported Dean Campbell's proposal, which asks US News to consider changing how it reports job placement data, normalizing the data to reflect relative strength or weaknesses in the various state economies. The proposal was cited in recent articles in the TaxProf Blog, National Law Journal and San Francisco Recorder (subscription required for online version).
- Professor Denis Binder recently published his article "An Outsider's Perspective on Istanbul's Emergency Planning" in the Bahcesehir University Law Review Special Issue "Planning for Disaster: Place, Population, Culture and the Environment" in both Turkish and English.
- Professor John Eastman debated Yale Law Professor Bruce Ackerman in the Podcast: "Is Same-Sex Marriage Heading Back To The Supreme Court?" with the National Constitution Center’s Jeffrey Rosen on March 6, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda was recently named to the Association of American Law Schools' Journal of Legal Education Editorial Board. The Board consists of 12 AALS faculty members who give general policy guidance on the Journal, which addresses issues confronting legal educators, including curriculum development and legal scholarship.
- Professor Lawrence E. Rosenthal participated in a podcast sponsored by the National Constitution Center on "The Supreme Court and Second Amendment Rights."
- Professor Samuel F. Ernst filed an amicus curiae letter with the California Supreme Court regarding Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation v. Actelion Ltd., et al. Ct. of Appeal No. A133927
- Professor Donald Kochan presented a paper on February 14, 2014, at the University of Missouri School of Law on “Economic Perspectives on the Fourth Generation of Environmental and Natural Resources Law,” for the Journal of Environmental & Sustainability Law symposium on “Environmental Law 4.0: Adaptive and Resilient." (View the video of Professor Kochan's presentation)
- Professor Mario Mainero was featured in "Law schools expanding classes to teach students to pass the bar exam" in the February 14, 2014 issue of the Daily Journal (subscription required for online version)
- Dean Tom Campbell was quoted in "5 key questions: How Comcast-Time Warner merger could change cable" in the Orange County Register on February 13, 2014
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for The Hill (Congressional Paper) entitled "Congress Cannot Stop the Exporting of American Oil" on January 27, 2014.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda authored an op-ed for the Chicago Tribune entitled "On Deep Background 41 Years Later" on the 41st anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision on January 22, 2014.
- Professor Donald Kochan provided legal commentary for a short news documentary on ReasonTV regarding eminent domain and the Bristol Street road widening project's effect on local businesses. The documentary is titled "The Real Miyagi's Dojo Threatened: Santa Ana Favors Foliage over Small Businesses."
- Professor John Eastman published "The Supreme Court and ‘20 Week’ Laws" addressing the recent Horne v. Isaacson Supreme Court decision - National Review Online
- Professor Ronald Rotunda published an article in the Hofstra Law Review entitled "Applying the Revised ABA Model Rules in the Age of the Internet: The Problem of Metadata."
- Professor Kurt Eggert testified before the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade at a hearing entitled "The State of Online Gaming." The video of his testimony is viewable here.
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal co-published an online debate on on the constitutionality of the New York stop-and frisk policies on the University of Pennsylvania Law Review's website.
- Professor Mario Mainero is quoted in the November 25, 2013 edition of The OC Register in Teri Sforza's column on a pension ballot proposal initiated by the Mayor of Fresno.
- Professor Kurt Eggert is quoted about the JPMorgan Chase settlement in "13 Billion, Yes, But What Took So Long?" by Gretchen Morgenson in The New York Times.
- On Thursday, November 14, Professor Ronald Rotunda will participate in Thomas Jefferson School of Law's Campaign Finance: The Past, the Present, and the Future How McCutcheon v. FCC could change the face of current campaign finance laws and what it could mean for the future.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda has been named the 2014 Best Professor of Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law in Orange County (Metropolitan Tier 2) by Best Lawyers.
- On October 29, 2013, Professor Donald Kochan gave a presentation on “Koontz, Property Rights, and the Extreme Power of Permitting Agencies: When is an Exaction More Like Extortion?,” for the Federalist Society Student Chapter at the University of Georgia School of Law in Athens, Georgia.
- On October 10, 2013, Professor Donald Kochan gave a presentation on “Anti-Interference: A Libertarian Theory of Both Economic and Social Equality,” for the Federalist Society at the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California.
- On October 7, 2013, Professor Donald Kochan gave a presentation on “Reading Adam Smith in Arabic: Building Western Institutions and Promoting Western Liberal Values in Countries in Transition,” at an event sponsored by the Muslim Law Student Association and the Federalist Society Student Chapter at Western State College of Law in Fullerton, California.
- On September 30, 2013, Professor Donald Kochan gave a presentation on “The Law and Economics of Redevelopment: Keloand Beyond,” for the Federalist Society at the University California-Irvine School of Law.
- On September 24, Professor Donald Kochan gave a presentation on “Anti-Interference: A Libertarian Perspective on Equality, with an Emphasis on the Cases on Same Sex Marriage and Affirmative Action,” for the Federalist Society at the Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
- Dean Tom Campbell was interviewed in the September 23 issue of the Orange County Register on the federal budget crisis.
- Sports Law Professor Leigh Steinberg was featured in the September 19, 2013 issue of the Orange County Register.
- On Monday, September 16, Professor Lawrence Rosenthal participated in a debate on the scope of Second Amendment rights with Professor Nelson Lund, Patrick Henry University Professor at George Mason University. - Volokh Conspiracy Blog
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal's most recent article, Saving Disparate Impact, has appeared in the Cardozo Law Review.
- Professor Frank Doti is quoted in Card Hub on the effect of offshore tax evasion on the U.S. economy.
- Dean Tom Campbell was interviewed on the BBC World Service Podcast on the US Congress' vote on whether to take military action against Syria.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda recently published four op-eds: "What Did He Know, and When Did He Know It?" in the Washington Times;"Egypt's Constitutional Do-Over: This Time, Take a Closer Look at America's Bill of Rights" in The Wall Street Journal; "On the Healthcare Mandate, Obama Reaches Beyond the Law" in the Washington Post; and "The Boston Strangler, the Classroom and Me" in The Wall Street Journal.
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal participated in a roundtable discussion on the Second Amendment and violent crime at the Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association on August 30, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. His article entitled "Saving Disparate Impact" was also published in the August 2013 issue of Cardozo Law Review.
- Professor Lawrence Rosenthal discusses the Paula Deen case settlement - The Los Angeles Times
- Dean Tom Campbell is quoted about the Franchise Tax Board in the August 5, 2013 issue of the Orange County Business Journal.
- On August 9, 2013, Professor Donald Kochan gave invited testimony to the State of Idaho Legislature’s Federal Lands Interim Committee in Boise, Idaho, on “Public Lands and the Federal Government’s Compact-Based ‘Duty to Dispose’.” Professor Kochan’s presentation was discussed in news outlets throughout the country, including in stories from the Associated Press, the Idaho Statesman, and others.
- Professor Leigh Steinberg discusses his unique approach to teaching sports law - Forbes
- Dean Tom Campbell is quoted on possible resolutions for the issue of ownership over the Nile River waters - Voice of America
- Professor Ronald Rotunda will be included in the 20th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law practice area.
- Professor Tom Caso appeared on the Post-Decision SCOTUScast podcast to talk about the Supreme Court decision in American Trucking Associations, Inc. v. City of Los Angeles.
- Professor Tom Caso is quoted in the Associated Press on the recent Supreme Court ruling in Arizona v. Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona. He also published an op-ed on the decision's affect on voters in the Bloomberg News blog that the Dallas Morning News republished, and appeared on the SCOTUScast podcast, TalkRadio 790 KABC's McIntyre In the Morning, and KFBK Radio in Sacramento to discuss the issue.
- Dean Tom Campbell is quoted on Ethiopia's Blue Nile Gorge Project and Ethiopia's possible case in the International Court of Justice. - Tadias Magazine
- Professor John Eastman testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the recent IRS scandal. Fox News, NPR, and The Blaze, all reported on the testimony along with C-SPAN, CNN, and Hannity Radio.
- Professor Larry Rosenthal joined law professors from NYU and Stanford on NPR's KQED San Francisco "Forum" radio show to discuss the Supreme Court's recent decision on California's DNA collection program. - NPR, KQED Radio
- Professor John Eastman published an op-ed discussing the recent IRS scandal in USA Today. He also appeared on Fox News, made appearances on the Neil Cavuto Show, the Shannon Beam Show, and participated in interviews with The Wall Street Journal, The Christian Post and other radio stations to discuss this issue.
- Professor Frank Doti is quoted on the possibility of tax reform - Card Hub
- Professor Frank Doti writes on claiming abnormal charitable deductions - Card Hub
- Professor Donald Kochan writes on the role of effective recording systems in the aftermath of the mortgage foreclosure crisis. - Arkansas Law Review
- Vice Chancellor and Professor Richard Redding writes on the bipartisan pursuit of happiness, maximizing freedoms and guaranteeing services using a free-market method - Orange County Register
- Professor Donald Kochan's newest article on the history and meaning of the word 'conclusory' - University of Pittsburgh Law Review (Volume 73)
- Dean Tom Campbell was the Plenary keynote at the 2013 VC in the OC which examined venture capital activity in Orange County - Octane VC in the OC
- Professor Tom Bell comments in syndicated columnist Steve Chapman's op-ed on how legalized Internet gambling has grown and why it won't stop - Chicago Tribune
- Professor Donald Kochan’s article “The Property Platform in Anglo-American Law and the Primacy of the Property Concept" was recently published and mentioned on various legal blogs including PropertyProf and Legal Theory - Georgia State University Law Review (Volume 29)
- Professor Mario Mainero comments on Glendale city officials wrestling with retirement benefits - Glendale News-Press
- Professor Tom Bell comments on legal restrictions for online gaming - OA Online
- Dean Tom Campbell authored an op-ed on who's on the 'kill list' for drone strikes and how Congress should restore the system of checks and balances by using the War Powers Resolution in the Los Angeles Times.
- Professor Ronald Rotunda discusses Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's Story of Inflation - Orange County Register
- Professor Ronald Rotunda comments on Obama's hiking tax rates will lose money - The Washington Times
- Professor Donald J. Kochan's paper titled, A Legal Overview of Utah’s H.B. 148 – “The Transfer of Public Lands Act.” is released by the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies. The paper examines recent legislation from March 2012 where the State of Utah has made what, at first glance, seems like an extraordinary demand of the federal government to give up its title to certain lands in the State of Utah and give them to the State to manage - Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies White Paper
- Professor Kathy Heller discusses how Chapman Law students get hands on entertainment law experience with the Entertainment Law Clinic - Orange County Business Journal
- Professor Donald Kochan comments on law school exam advice - ContractsProf Blog
- Professor Larry Rosenthal discusses Forest's ordinance barring registered sex offenders from parks and the issues the city will face in court - Orange County Register
- Professor Thomas Bell spoke at a recent book forum at the Cato Institute on a new anthology about copyright reform, "Copyright Unbalanced," to which he contributed a chapter - Cato Institute
- Professor Thomas Bell comments on the CFTC's recent crackdown on InTrade and TEN, overseas providers of real-money prediction markets that proved their accuracy in the recent election - Houston Chronicle
- Professor Mario Mainero was interviewed on Larry Marino's radio show regarding the year's developments in law in various areas including the Supreme Court ruling on the ACA, same-sex marriage and gun control measures as well as looking forward to 2013 - KLAC, AM 870
- Professor Thomas Bell discusses the popular website Intrade, which allows users to bet on practically anything - NPR
- Professor Thomas Bell comments on copyright policy and discuses how he will publish his forthcoming book, "Intellectual Privilege" under the 1790 Copyright Act - Bloomberg News
- Professor Larry Rosenthal will deliver the Constitution Day speech entitled, "Is the Constitution Living or Dead?" on October 22 - California State Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo
- Dean Tom Campbell spoke with Intel's President and CEO Paul S. Otellini - Business Today
- Neda Sargordan (’07), who returned to Chapman Law as a staff attorney for the Family Violence Clinic, published an article entitled, “Human Trafficking: A Harsh Reality" - Orange County Lawyer Magazine
- Dean Tom Campbell comments during an interview at the 13th annual Intel Capital Global Summit - Orange County Register
- Professor Larry Rosenthal discusses the implications if the California man behind the anti-Muslim film lied under oath about his name - USA Today
- Professor Ronald Rotunda comments on the law that bars sex offenders from participating in Halloween activities - One News Now
- Professor Vernon Smith named honorary Fellow at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez
- Professor Ronald Rotunda comments on whether nudists in San Francisco have a right to public exposure - One News Now
- Professor Rotunda received a Tier 1 ranking in the 2013 Edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms." - U.S. News & World Report
- Professor Mario Mainero on the effect of the Governor’s pension bill on public employee felons - Orange County Register
- Dean Tom Campbell will be a keynote speaker at the UCLA Anderson Forecast's September 2012 Economic Outlook "Presidential Economics: Does it Matter?" on September 20, 2012 - UCLA Anderson School
- Professor Larry Rosenthal comments on free speech and the religion clash over anti-Muslim film - Journal Star
- Professor Anthony Caso comments on the 4th District Court of Appeal's decision over outsourcing in Costa Mesa - Orange County Register
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on how the constitutional fight over Obamacare is not over - Orange County Register
- Professor Larry Rosenthal on the international complexity of the Anti-Muslim filmmaker's case - Huffington Post
- Professor Larry Rosenthal comments on a Judges immediate detention of the man behind the Anti-Muslim film - Associated Press
- Professor John Eastman discusses the legality of executive privilege in the Appeal Democrat
- Professor John Eastman comments on illegal immigration and practicing law in the Los Angeles Times.
- Dean Tom Campbell's authored an op-ed in the Los Angeles Times. The article addressed the growing Medicaid problem.
- Professor Anthony Caso on transparency in employee contract negotiations- Orange County Registrar
- John Eastman on Immigration and the U.S. Constitution – New York Times
- Professor Rotunda on FCPA and protecting investors – Legal Newsline
- Professor Caso comments on the key legal difference between mortgage loans and ordinary securities - Thomson Reuters News & Insight
- Professor Rosenthal addresses the annual State Solicitor Generals and Appellate Chiefs Conference of the National Association of Attorneys General, held in Washington, D.C., on the subject of Second Amendment Litigation
- Professor Eggert comments on eminent domain and the foreclosure crisis – Los Angeles Times
- Dean Campbell and Professor Rotunda comment on the aftermath of the Watergate scandal in the Los Angeles Times.
- Professor Bell on the U.S. News & World Report Law School ratings calculations – ABA Journal
- Professor Rotunda on prosecutorial and judicial misconduct – The National Law Journal
- Professor Eastman on Arizona immigration reform – Bloomberg
- Professor Canova speaks on Federal Reserve – Washington’s Blog
- Professor Caso op-ed on Prop 65 – Capitol Weekly
- Dean Campbell authored an op-ed on taxation for the Los Angeles Times.
- Professor Rotunda on professional misconduct – Orange County Register
- Professor Caso comments on Affordable Care Act – KCPP
- Professor Caso on Justice Kennedy – Orange County Register
- Professor Rotunda op-ed on health care law – Orange County Register
- Professor Hernandez on Los Angeles food trucks – OC Weekly
- Professor Eastman comments on health care law – KQED
- Professor Rotunda on antitrust case – Legal Newsline
- Professor Eastman on Affordable Care Act before the Supreme Court - Fox News
- Professor Caso on likely outcome of Affordable Care Act – Orange County Register
- Professor Caso comments on Supreme Court case – Capitol Correspondent
- Professor Rotunda on Fair Political Practices Commission – Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eggert comments on foreclosure settlement –Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eastman comments on Prop 8 - PBS Newshour
- Professor Eastman on likely outcome of Ninth Circuit Prop 8 rulingg – KCCP
- Professor Hewitt on the political climates of past elections – The Washington Examiner
- Professor Eggert on foreclosure in the Great Recession – iWatch News
- Professors Cianciarulo and Seiden on domestic violence – SF Weekly
- Dean Campbell op-ed on financial crisis –Orange County Lawyer
- Professor Eastman on illegal immigration policies – Chicago Tribune
- Professor Eastman discusses voter identification requirements in the Quay County Sun
- Professor Eggert on Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac meltdown – Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eastman comments on Newt Gingrich - KPCC
- Professor Rotunda on supremacy of judicial review – Tampa Bay Times
- Professor Rotunda op-ed on Kagan and recusal regarding Affordable Care Act – Washington Times
- Professor Eggert on mortgage lender lawsuits – Los Angeles Times
- Professor Rotunda on Kinde Durkee, Democratic treasurer charged with fraud – Orange County Register
- Dr. Smith on financial crisis and politics - Reason
- Professor Rotunda on immunity for private lawyers representing public agencies – Legal Newsline
- Professor Hall op-ed on Khmer Rouge Tribunal - Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eastman was quoted on Prop 8 in Ninth Circuit in the Washington Times
- Professor Eastman was quoted on pension reform and the Constitution in the Sacramento Bee
- Professor Rotunda on Fair Political Practices Commission’s new chairwoman - Sacramento Bee
- Professor Hewitt op-ed on White House counsel - Washington Examiner
- Professor Eggert quoted on federal regulation and foreclosure – Los Angeles Times
- Professor Rotunda op-ed on immigration and Governor Perry - National Review Online
- Professor Rotunda op-ed on constitutionality of Affordable Healthcare Act - Fox News
- Professor Bazyler on his appointment to Armenian National panel – Asbarez News
- Professor Hall quoted on Khmer Rouge tribunal - Voice of America
- Professor Darmer op-ed on FAIR (Fair, Accurate, Inclusive and Respectful) Act – Orange County Register
- Professor Hall op-ed on U.N. backed Khmer Rouge Tribunal - Wall Street Journal
- Dean Campbell wrote an op-ed on Congressional budget in the Los Angeles Times
- Dean Campbell op-ed on the government and unemployment – Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eggert on mortgage and foreclosure issues - Detroit Free Press
- Dr. Smith and Professor Rotunda on capitalism v. socialism – Reuters
- Professor Howe on death sentence in California – Cardozo Law Review
- Professor Eggert on the government's role in financial abuses - Los Angeles Times
- Professor Rosenthal discusses jurors “cashing in” after serving on popular trials - KPCC
- Professor Rosenthal on national debt and the Fourteenth Amendment - Washington Post
- Professor Darmer on the federal criminal trial of Roger Clemens - Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eastman on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas - Los Angeles Times
- Professor Canova on public options in banking - Concurring Opinions
- Professor Canova radio appearances on Greece and politics - KFPA
- Professor Eastman on Supreme Court politics and the Constitution - Investor’s Business Daily
- Professor Rotunda on judicial elections and campaign financing - University of Arkansas Law Review
- Professor Canova discusses economic crisis and its global implications - KPFK
- Dean Campbell discusses global corporate responsibility - Real Clear Politics
- Professor Steiner on Miranda warnings in popular culture - Cleveland State Law Review
- Professor Canova on the future of the Federal Reserve—C-SPAN
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on former Guantanamo detainees - USA Today
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on marines’ Don’t Ask Don’t Tell - Orange County Register
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda op-ed on female soldiers - Chicago Tribune
- Professor Cianciarulo debates federal immigration policy - KCET
- Professor Eggert on Goldman Sachs and the housing market - Financial Times
- Professor Eastman on the Justice Department and the Defense of Marriage Act - New York Times
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on bankruptcy and Anna Nicole Smith - BNA Bankruptcy Law Reporter
- Professor Canova op-ed on the need for more federal stimulus - San Francisco Chronicle
- Professor Kochan op-ed on the Arab need for Smithian economic policies - Wall Street Journal
- Professor Bazyler discusses the death of Maria Altmann, who sought Nazi looted art - NPR
- Professor Eastman discusses Florida ruling on Health Care law - Fox News
- Professor Caso on pensions for government workers and the Constitution - The Recorder
- Professor Kochan discusses the “politicization” of international law - American Freedom Alliance International Conference of the Air
- Professor Eastman op-ed on birthright citizenship and the 14th Amendment - Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eggert on foreclosure case before Massachusetts Supreme Court - Washington Post
- Professor Eggert on regulation and foreclosure—Guardian
- Professor Eastman on Prop. 8 before the Ninth Circuit—Orange County Register
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on Constitutional law—University of Arkansas Newswire
- Professor Redding op-ed on intellectual diversity in academia—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Canova op-ed on political orientation and career paths—San Francisco Daily Journal
- Professor Ronald Rotund on attempted recall vote in Illinois—Chicago Tribune
- Professor Eggert on secrecy surrounding mortgage-backed securities—New York Times
- Professor Eggert on ruling in elder abuse claim—Orange County Register
- Professor Hall on challenges facing the United Nations-backed court in Cambodia—New York Times
- Professor Eggert on predatory lending and the financial crisis—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Hernández-López op-ed on food trucks—Orange County Register
- Professor Eastman op-ed on First Amendment rights public workers—New York Times
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on the benefits of birthright citizenship—Chicago Tribune
- Professor Darmer on same-sex marriage rallies—Orange County Register
- Professor Eastman and Darmer on Prop. 8 appeal—Orange County Register
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on Prop. 8 and the Supreme Court—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eastman on the future of Prop. 8—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Darmer discussed perjury charges against ex-Red Sox star, Roger Clemens in the Boston Global
- Professor Eastman on Arizona’s immigration law—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Hall op-ed on the historic first verdict at the Khmer Rouge Tribunal—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Kochan authored an op-ed on luxury and debates for legal and financial reform in the Los Angeles Times.
- Professor Hall on sentencing of a former prison warden of the Khmer Rouge—New York Times
- Professor Eastman and Professor Rosenthal discuss confirmation of U.S. Solicitor General Elena Kagen to the Supreme Court—KPCC
- Professor Binder authored an op-ed on the new Supreme Court for the Daily Journal.
- Professor Lipman on tax contributions of undocumented immigrants—Truthout
- Professor Bazyler on the Armenian Church's suit against the J. Paul Getty Museum—Associated Press
- Professor Rotunda Rosenthal op-ed on constitutionality of national health law—Orange County Register
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda op-ed on banning JAG from Harvard Law School—Washington Times
- Professor Lipman on economics of undocumented workers—Free Range Talk
- Professor Eastman on constitutionality of National Prayer Day—San Francisco Chronicle
- Professor Mainero on Planned Parenthood's proposed breast health care clinic—Orange County Register
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on President Bush’s attorneys –National Review Online
- Professor Eggert discusses unfair mortgage lending practices on Southside Pride
- Professor Lipman on Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers—Mission Local
- Professor Wilson on innate sense of equity and fairness in humans –Mother Nature Network
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on aftermath of Caperton v. A.T. Massey Coal Co.—Syracuse Law Review
- Dean Canova op-ed on economic revival through public transportation—Pacific Progressive Blog
- Professor Rosenthal on guilty plea of Broadcom Corp.—Orange County Register
- Professor Noyes op-ed on California’s ballot initiatives process—Sacramento Bee
- Professor Mainero on who should pay to police the OC Harbor–Orange County Register
- Dean Eastman on whether judiciary should reinterpret Congresses power to tax—Blog of Legal Times
- Professor Mainero on new city ordinance and unions—Orange County Register
- Professor Campbell on constitutionality of Prop. 8—San Diego Tribune
- Professor Rosenthal on new California law that covers attorneys’ fees for the poor—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Canova on financial market failure—Harvard Law & Policy Review
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on President Obama’s Noble Peace Prize—Washington Post
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on Chicago’s handgun ban—Chicago Tribune
- Professor Hall op-ed on restricting travel for pedophiles—Boston Global
- Professor Hall on administrative issues in the Khmer Rouge tribunal—Phnom Penh Post
- Professor Canova on causes and consequences of financial meltdown—Salt Lake Tribune
- Professor Campbell on interstate sale of medical insurance—Orange County Register
- Dean Eastman discusses State Secrets and the Patriot Act on PBS Newshour
- Professor Campbell discusses importance of preserving one's liberty—KPCC
- Dean Eastman on the death penalty legal injections—Chicago Tribune
- Professor Campbell on ways to fix California’s economy—Orange County Register
- Professor Canova on deregulation of banking and finance—Brooklyn Law Review
- Professor Eggert on abuses by mortgage servicers—Tampa Bay Times
- Professor Campbell discusses marijuana legislation, Prop. 13, and Prop. 8 —Reason.tv
- Professor Bell on calculating law school rankings—ABA Journal
- Professor Eggert on Obama administration's foreclosure prevention program—Propublica
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on cases from abroad heard in U.S. courts—Orange County Register
- Professor Canova on banks repaying bailout money to avoid restrictions—New Media America
- Professor Eastman op-ed on civil liability for unpopular legal advice—San Francisco Chronicle
- Professor Smith compares current housing bubble and Great Recession—Bellingham Herald
- Professor Campbell op-ed on invasive questions on 2010 Census—San Francisco Chronicle
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda comments on Obama’s plans for Guantanamo Bay detention center—One News Now
- Professor Hall op-ed on corruption within the Khmer Rouge Tribunal’s court—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Darmer on California Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Prop. 8—Orange County Register
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda discusses President Obama and Guantanamo Bay detainees—WND
- Professor Hall on ECCC personnel audits—Phnom Penh Post
- Professor Campbell on potential successor to Supreme Court Justice Souter—San Francisco Chronicle
- Dean Eastman on First Amendment, creationism, and public schools—National Center for Science Education
- Professor Darmer on military policy and homosexuals—Daily Pilot
- Professor Rosenthal op-ed on CIA tactics–Sacramento Bee
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on interrogation tactics—Cato At Liberty
- Professor Yoo, Professor Darmer, Professor Rosenthal, and Dean Eastman on coercive interrogation tactics used post 9/11—Orange County Register
- Dean Canova on U.S. Treasury debt bubble—Washington Times
- Dean Eastman and Professor Rosenthal point-counterpoint op-eds on John Yoo’s visiting appointment at Chapman—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Hall on funding and the Khmer Rouge Trials—New York Times
- Professor Campbell on Prop. 1A tax increases—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Smith op-ed on effects of housing-bubble on the economy –Wall Street Journal
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on Geneva Convention's protection of Guantanamo detainees—Collegian
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on Obama Administration's economic stimulus plan–Chicago Tribune
- Professor Eggert on lack of regulation in mortgage business—Los Angeles Times
- Dean Canova on financial giants and bailouts–San Diego Tribune
- Professor Eggert on Countrywide, AGI, and failed real estate loans—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Ronald Rotunda op-ed on constitutionality of stimulus packages –Chicago Tribune
- Professor Darmer on California’s Prop. 8 and other states—Orange County Register
- Professor Hall op-ed on misconduct and corruption at the Khmer Rouge tribunal–New York Times
- Professor Darmer on banned substance and Roger Clemens' trainer's materials—Los Angeles Times
- Dean Eastman on John Yoo and torture memos–New York Times
- Professor Hall op-ed on corruption and the Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia (ECCC)—Far Eastern Economic Review
- Professor Hall discusses the Khmer Rouge Tribunal—Voice of America
- Professor Eggert on Obama foreclosure plan—Dayton Business Journal
- Professor Rosenthal on academic freedom at public universities—Chronicle of Higher Education
- Dean Canova on economic status of the American treasury—NBC
- Professor Hall op-ed on rising number of journalists murdered in Russia—Wall Street Journal Europe
- Professor Eggert on pushing servicers to modify loans—Wall Street Journal
- Professor MacDowell on course taught by law students to inner-city high school students—Rutgers Race and Law Review
- Professor Eggert on public taxpayer action for mortgage relief–Los Angeles Times
- Dean Eastman on Professor Yoo and ideology diversity—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda comments on Chapman’s new Military Personnel Law Center & AMVETS Clinic—Regular Folks Unites
- Professor Eggert on lawsuits seeking payback from executives who received enormous paychecks for running companies that collapsed –Orange County Register
- Professor Yoo op-ed on President Obama and Guantanamo Bay—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda discusses Guantanamo and other related issues—WBCF
- Professor Eggert on potential home loan modification legislation—Business Week
- Professor Binder on safety inspections before Hawaii dam collapsed—Honolulu Advisor
- Professor Darmer on Roger Clemens' fate—New York Daily News
- Professor Rosenthal on civil judgment against street gangs—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eggert on bailout money and loan modification—Orange County Register
- Professor Falk discusses his expulsion from Israel—Radio France International
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda discusses treatment of detainee at Guantanamo Bay—WND
- Professor Eggert discusses housing market—KABC
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on soldier safety in Guantanamo Bay—Wyoming Lawyer
- Dean Canova on selections of Larry Summers and Timothy Geithner—Kansas City InfoZine
- Professor Hall is quoted on corruption and the Cambodian government in the Asia Times
- Professor Bazyler on Jewish community within Israel—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eggert on foreclosure and loan modification—Orange County Register
- Dean Canova op-ed on what lead up to the subprime lending crisis--Orange County Register
- Professor Darmer comments on Prop. 8 litigation—Sacramento Bee
- Dean Canova compares the current recession with the Great Depression–USA Today
- Professor Falk on current wars and raids around the world by U.S. troops—AntiWar.com
- Professor Bishop op-ed on Federal Reserve and silver standard—Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine
- Professor Darmer on trial of former Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona—Orange County Register
- Dean Canova op-ed on the need for a grand scale financial stimulus–Wall Street Journal
- Dean Canova on constitutionality of proposed foreclosure law—Metro Times
- Dean Eastman on FDR and federal intervention—Wall Street Journal
- Dean Canova comments on the skepticism of effectiveness of Wall Street rescue bill—Sacramento Bee
- Professor Smith op-ed on improving the current economy—Wall Street Journal
- Dean Canova on ineffective recent bailout legislation on the foreclosure crisis –Inter Press Service
- Dean Canova on federal bailouts--RISMedia
- Professor Eggert quoted on result of the House rejection of the bailout proposal in the Orange County Register
- Professor Rosenthal on federal prosecutions of gang members—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eggert on households and foreclosure–Washington Post
- Professor Darmer and Professor Kyndra Rotunda discuss Guantanamo Bay—KABC
- Professor Eggert on government-led loan modifications—CCN Money
- Professor Rosenthal on U.S. economy and crime—Orange County Register
- Professor Eggert on Fannie May and Freddie Mac—New York Times
- Professor Bazyler on possible sale of naming rights of the NY Giants’ new stadium—New York Times
- Professor Bell on proposed change in the U.S. News law school survey techniques—Wall Street Journal
- Dean Canova on how financial deregulation led to the housing crisis—Dissent Magazine
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda on conviction of Salim Hamdan in Guantanamo Bay –USA Today
- Dean Eastman op-ed on Obama’s teaching methods and approach to the Constitution—New York Times
- Professor Bell op-ed on free press in Cambodia—New York Times
- Professor Rosenthal on congressional candidate Delecia Holt and alleged fraud –Orange County Register
- Professor Hall op-ed on the Khmer Rouge Tribunal proceedings –Wall Street Journal
- Professor Eggert on predicted direction of Federal Reserve Board in subprime regulations–CNN Money
- Professor Ronald Rotunda on age and Presidential nominee John McCain –Legal Times
- Professor Bell on regulation of prediction markets—Business Week
- Professor Eggert on Countrywide litigation that was acquired by Bank of America—Street
- Professor Eastman on Supreme Court decision to overturn handgun ban—San Francisco Chronicle
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda discussed her book, Honor Bound: Inside the Guantanamo Trials on Fox News
- Dean Eastman on same-sex marriage-Los Angeles Times
- Professor Eggert on indictments of former Bear Stearns hedge fund managers—Orange County Register
- Dean Eastman on upcoming election and the Supreme Court—San Francisco Gate
- Professor Kyndra Rotunda op-ed on Guantanamo Bay and Geneva Conventions—Washington Times
- Professor Eggert on tax burden on loan forgiveness—Wall Street Journal
- Professor Darmer on letter by NBA referee Tim Donaghy—Los Angeles Times
- Dean Eastman on racial profiling on immigration-ABA Journal
- Professor Eggert on governmental need to mandate loan modifications —Orange County Register
- Dean Canova on agencies and their role in the housing boom and collapse–Orange County Register
- Professor Eggert on anticipated lawsuits and prosecutions from the subprime meltdown—CNN Money
- Dean Canova on land bank program to refinance subprime mortgages –San Diego Tribune
- Professor Eggert on appraisers over-appraising housing values for mortgages—Orange County Register
- Professor Eggert on Ameriquest founder and subprime mortgages—Orange County Register
- Dean Canova on the effect of increasing number of foreclosures—Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Professor Eggert on subprime lenders—Market Watch
- Dean Canova on Federal Reserve—Forbes
- Dean Canova on effect of U.S. economy on Mexican economy—Street
- Professor Eggert on mortgages—Forbes
- Professor Darmer on Congress’ request to investigate Clemens—Los Angeles Times
- Professor Howe on realism of Twelve Angry Men–Orange County Register
- Professor Darmer on the Roger Clemens investigation—ABC News
- Professor Noyes on new e-discovery rules—Harvard Journal of Law and Technology
- Professor Eggert on subprime lending in Orange County—Orange County Register
- Dean Eastman on lawsuit over EPA's decision on auto emissions—San Diego Union Tribune
- Professor Eggert on predatory lending practices—Business Week