Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a program that allows Chapman employees to securely connect to Chapman network resources while off campus.
»Virtual Private Network (VPN)
+-Windows Installation Guide
- Go to the Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center
- Click on "Setup a new connection or network"
- Select "Connect to a workplace" then click "Next"
- Select "Use my internet connection (VPN)"
- Type in for the IP address: vpn.chapman.edu and for the Destination Name: Chapman VPN, click "Next"
- Enter in your username and password that has been granted access to the host computer, click "Connect"
- To get connected through the created VPN connection, either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select "Network and Sharing" or go to the Control Panel and open "Network and Sharing Center", and click on "Connect to a Network"
- On the "Connect VPN Connection" window, click on "Connect"
+-Mac Installation Guide
- Click on the Apple in the top left corner of your desktop screen, select "System Preferences"
- From the System Preferences window click on "Network"
- In the Network window, click the plus sign in the bottom left corner (make sure the lock is unlocked)
- Click on the "Interface" drop down arrow on the right, change it to "VPN"
- Click on the "VPN Type" drop down arrow on the right, select "PPTP"
- The "Service Name" can be left as it is, select "Create"
- On the Network window, select the "PPTP" connection on the left side, type in for the "Server Address": vpn.chapman.edu and for the "Account Name": enter in your Chapman user login name (ex:username)
- Click on the "Encryption" drop down arrow on the right, select "Automatic 128 bit or 40 bit)"
- Click on the "Authentication Settings" and select "Password" and type in your Chapman account password, select "OK"
- Click on the "Advanced Screen" button
- On the "Options" tab, under "Session", put a check in the following boxes:
- Disconnect when switching user accounts
- Disconnect when user logs out
- Send all traffic over VPN connection
- Disconnect if idle for 10 minutes
- Select "Ok"
- Be sure to check the box "Show VPN status in menu bar"
- Click the "Connect" to test the connection