The Earl Babbie Research Center at Chapman University is dedicated to empowering students and faculty to apply a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative social research methods to conduct studies that address critical social, behavioral, economic and environmental problems. The Center’s mission is to provide research support and instruction to students, faculty and the broader community, and to produce research that addresses global concerns including human rights, social justice, peaceful solutions to social conflicts and environmental sustainability. The Babbie Center supports cutting edge interdisciplinary research and encourages faculty student collaboration. For more information about the Earl Babbie Research Center, please send us an E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host conferences with internationally acclaimed scholars and practitioners.
- Provide seed grant money to encourage student and faculty research.
- Provide travel funds to students and faculty who need to do field work.
- Host visiting scholars and post-doctoral fellows.
- Develop Courses that support the goals of the Center
- Research Design and Statistical Consulting
- The Babbie Center provides free consulting to graduate students and faculty at all stages of the research process. The Center’s staff has the ability to provide initial design consultations, assistance with a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses, help identifying secondary data sources, and, when capacity allows, assistance with data entry and management. Please contact us at email@example.com to set up an appointment. Drop in consultation hours will be posted soon.
International journal War Crimes, Genocide & Crimes against Humanity
- The open access international journal War Crimes, Genocide & Crimes against Humanity will soon be published by the Babbie Center in conjunction with the War, Society and Memory Research Group at Chapman.