The demand for food scientists is projected to increase 10% until 2020* and job prospects in Southern California especially continue to grow steadily. Chapman University’s Master of Science in Food Science is the perfect graduate degree program to help turn your passion, knowledge and experience into a rewarding career.
- Earn your degree in as little as 18 months
- Convenient evening classes for working adults
- Excellent graduate and alumni career placement rates
- Plentiful internships provide valuable experience
- The food industry is economically stable – people must eat!
With over 1,500 food-processing companies within a 90-minute drive, Orange County is the ideal location for food science careers and internship opportunities. Take a look at the recent Economic Impact of Food and Beverage Processing in California report prepared for the California League of Food Processors.
*According to the 2012 Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.