They say that what you put in is what you GET out. As a community of scholars, the Honors Program provides students with educational and advancement opportunities, new and fun ways to learn, and the chance to form meaningful relationships. Check out our top 5 reasons to join the honors program…
1. GET credit and travel the globe!
Any course taken while studying abroad for a semester can count as 1 of the honors elective courses. There are quite a variety of semester-long study abroad opportunities. In addition, the university offers short travel courses, which are 1- to 4-week courses taught by Chapman faculty in cities and countries all over the world. Interning abroad also is possible.
2. GET involved!
Honors isn't just about taking classes...it's about becoming part of a community of scholars!
- Join our Facebook group for up-to-the-minute happenings.
- Make submissions to the Honors Sapere Aude Journal.
- Learn more about the National Collegiate Honors Council and the Western Regional Honors Council, where you can present research and projects at national and regional conferences.
3.GET a new perspective on learning - create and teach your own course!
Interested in designing and conducting your own class as a preceptorial? With Honors, it's possible.
4. GET a jumpstart on grad school competition!
- Take advantage of Honors Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Grants. Honors students can team up with a professor to collaborate on a project – scholarly or creative.
- Visit Chapman's Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) to find opportunities for student-faculty collaboration projects and to attend workshops to prepare for presenting research at conferences.
- Find an outlet for your creativity in the Undergraduate Journals and Conference Directory or from the Council on Undergraduate Research.
- Browse the list of fellowships and scholarships available by application.
Learn how to write an abstract for a conference presentation or poster.