Students wishing to apply for loans must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once your financial aid file is complete, you will receive an Award Letter. Federal loan eligibility is listed on the School of Law Financial Aid Award Letter. Students must then complete the following:
Federal Direct Student Loans
- All Students must accept the loans you wish to borrow via WebAdvisor.
- Notify the School of Law Financial Aid Office if you wish to reduce any of your loans.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note for the Stafford Loan.
- *Returning Students - This application needs only to be completed once while you are attending the School of Law.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note for the Graduate PLUS Loan.
- *For students who are required to have a cosigner, a new application is required each year.
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling via WebAdvisor.
Federal Perkins Loans
Students must complete the Perkins Loan Process via WebAdvisor.
Students who are ineligible to borrow under the Federal Loan programs may wish to borrow a private loan. Students must contact their lender directly and complete the lender's application process.
Most lenders are not currently offering a Bar loan. The lenders listed here are still offering a Bar Loan.
Students should review the terms and conditions for each of these lenders prior to completing a Bar Loan Application.