Plus, there are many good reasons why it makes sense to participate:
- You will build your resume.
- You will have more and better writing samples to use in your employment applications. Many writing competitions are practice area specific so you can create a writing sample that is especially geared toward your target employer.
- A great writing sample can help compensate for a lower GPA.
- You will build your professional reputation in the legal community.
- The fact is that very few students participate in writing competitions, so you will often have little in the way of actual competition, so the odds of actually winning a writing competition are really very good.
Find out more about Writing Competition opportunities