Chapman University has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to offer special education credential programs (i.e., Education Specialist Preliminary Credential Programs) in the areas of: mild/moderate, moderate/severe, and a joint multiple subject and mild/moderate credential. The Education Specialist Programs prepare candidates to serve as special education teachers in K-12 public schools in inclusive, learning centers, and when necessary, special day class settings.
• New Joint program starts in Fall 2017
• Cohort model
• Two-year program, full time to obtain two credentials (Preliminary Multiple Subject & Preliminary Education Specialist Mild/Moderate) and Masters in Special Education. A part-time option is also available.
• Unique opportunity to earn both Multiple Subject and Education Specialist credential simultaneously
• Low student to faculty ratio offers personalized education
• Fieldwork opportunities allow students to put theory into practice in local school districts
JOINT Masters of Arts in SPED and Preliminary Education Specialist Mild/Moderate & Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential Requirements
Deadline for Summer entry is April 15; The Fall 2017 entry deadline is July 1. All CES application deadlines