Women of Chapman is a vibrant group of philanthropic-minded women who are strongly dedicated to a program of service to Chapman University. Members enjoy a number of educational and fashion-oriented programs throughout the year, including the group’s signature fundraising event, Christmas at The Ritz. Starting with just 35 members when it was founded in 1971, the group now comprises more than 265 Women of Chapman.
Over the past four decades, Women of Chapman has given over $6.5 million in gifts to support Chapman University. Gifts from Women of Chapman have been designated for student scholarships and various programs and capital campaigns across campus.
The group has pledged a total of $2.5 million in support of three major capital campaigns, making this the largest pledge in Women of Chapman history. These gifts have named the Women of Chapman Stage in the spectacular new Musco Center for the Arts, along with new educational and collaborative working space in the Digital Media Arts Center, located across the street from Marion Knott Studios. The final portion of the pledge is in support of the Keck Center of Science and Engineering (opening in fall 2018) and will fund meeting and collaborative space for faculty, staff and students.
Notable gifts to Chapman University include:
- Women of Chapman Endowed Filmmaker Fund, which supports senior film projects for students in Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Women of Chapman Grand Foyer located in the Digital Media Arts Center, the newest building for Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Women of Chapman Stage in Marybelle and Sebastian P. Musco Center for the Arts
- Women of Chapman Gallery of Science in the Keck Center of Science and Engineering, the new home for Schmid College of Science and Technology
- Scholarship support over the years to World Campus Afloat (Semester at Sea) and later to Chapman’s general scholarship fund
- Dr. Albert Schweitzer public exhibit (located in Argyros Forum)
- The Fashionables Courtyard and Sacred Mound Garden in the Fish Interfaith Center
- The Fashionables Terrace in the Leatherby Libraries
- The Fashionable Women of Chapman Rotunda Boardroom and Terrace in Marion Knott Studios