» Services in the Residence Halls

All residential students have access to the many resources and services offered in the residence halls. Please browse the sections below and contact us if you have questions about how to take advantage of these services.

Toggle Section

Maintenance and Facilities Work Requests

If you would like to request that a facilities or maintenance issue be addressed, you need to complete a Facilities Work Request. Please include as much detail as possible in your request so that the Facilities staff member will know exactly what the problem is in your room/apartment/house. The time of completion depends on the severity of the issues they are currently responding to.

For emergency situations (such as plumbing issues, leaking pipes, electrical hazards, broken windows or doors) that could cause safety/health risks or property damage, call Public Safety immediately. Provide the dispatcher with all the pertinent information, including your housing assignment and the exact nature of the problem, and they will contact the necessary Facilities staff member to respond to your emergency. 

Note: For a clogged toilet, please try to plunge the toilet yourself first. If that does not work, complete a Facilities Work Request and contact Public Safety (if after hours).

Computer/Internet Access

High-speed Internet service is available in all campus residence halls and apartments through wireless access throughout the campus. Ethernet ports are also available in on-campus residence halls and apartments. Public access computers are located in Henley Hall (1st floor study room) and in Sandhu Residence Center (2nd floor across from the elevator). If you need assistance, contact the IS&T Service Desk.

Davis Community Center

The first floor of the Davis Community Center houses a lounge area, the Apartments hall office, an academic study area, a laundry room, and a student package room. In addition, the main Residence Life & First Year Experience office is located on the second floor.

Dining Services

All students who live in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, which is included in the cost of room and board (students living in apartments are not required to have a meal plan). Students use their ID card in order to be admitted into Randall Dining Commons or to access their Panther Bucks at campus eateries. Please review the dining information for details on meal plan options.

Henley Basement

The Henley Basement consists of music practice rooms, a media room with comfortable chairs and a TV, the John Biggs Conference Room, as well as billiards, foosball and ping pong tables. Students may also use the laundry facilities and fitness room, and enjoy the sounds coming from the Chapman Radio studio. If you are interested in reserving a room for a club/organization, please contact the Henley Hall Office.


Laundry machines, operated by WASH Laundry, are located in all residence halls, the Harris Apartments, on the first floor of the Davis Community Center and at the Panther Village Club House. Payment for washing machine and dryer use is made using the funds on your CU Services Account, which you will access using your student ID card (no quarters are needed). You can add money to your account by using a Value Transfer Station in the Davis Community Center, Henley basement laundry room, visiting the Cashier's Office in the Bhathal Student Services Center or online with your Chapman University eAccount.

Please follow the instructions for using the machines that are posted in the laundry rooms. Chapman University and its vendors are not responsible for clothing damage due to misuse or overloading. If you experience problems using one of the machines, please contact us.

To check the status and availability of the washers and dryers on campus, please see our LaundryView application.


If you are locked out of your on-campus residence during the hours of 8am-4pm, please either contact Residence Life and First Year Experience for assistance at (714) 997-6603 or visit our office located on the second floor of the Davis Community Center.  After hours, please visit your hall office for assistance. During late night or weekend hours, call the department of Public Safety at (714) 997-6763 for assistance. If you live at either Panther Village or Chapman Grand, please contact your hall office for assistance.  If you have trouble reaching someone during business hours, please contact our office.  If it is after hours, please call the department of Public Safety at (714) 997-6763. 


Most residence halls contain lounge areas with comfortable furniture and TVs and students are encouraged to use them for studying, relaxing, talking with friends, and watching TV. In addition to student lounges, study rooms are located in North Morlan (3rd floor), Glass Hall (2nd floor), Sandhu (2nd, 3rd, 4th floors), and every floor in Pralle-Sodaro Hall and Henley Hall.

Mail and Package Services

Every student living in a university-owned residence has a mailbox assignment. If you did not receive a mailbox assignment, cannot remember it, or have lost your mailbox key, please contact us. Mail should be addressed using the following format in order to avoid a delay in delivery or return to sender.

If you live in the residence halls or Harris apartments:

[Your legal name]

Chapman University 

CMB# [Your CMB number]

One University Drive 

Orange, CA 92866

If you live in the Davis apartments:

[Your legal name]

625 North Grand Apt #[Your apartment number]

Orange, CA 92867

If you live in the Panther Village apartments:

[Your legal name]

Panther Village

3101 W Chapman Avenue [Your four digit mailbox number]

Orange, CA 92868

If you live  in the Chapman Grand apartments:

[Your legal name]

915  E Katella # [Your apartment number]

Anaheim, CA 92805


Student Packages

If you live in the residence halls or Harris Apartments, your packages will be held in either of our package rooms, located in the Davis Community Center (on the first floor) and Sandhu Residence Center (near the Doti Struppa Rockwall). You will receive multiple email notifications from University Services notifying you of when your package has arrived on campus and when it has been processed and is ready for pick-up at your respective package room. It may take up to 48 hours from the point that it arrives to campus to be ready for pick up at our package rooms. 

Due to limited storage space for student packages, any items shipped should be no larger than 19"x19"x19" and should weigh no more than 35 lbs. Do not ship any items prior to receiving your housing notification and mailing address. 

If you live in the Davis Apartments or Chapman Grand Apartments, your mail and packages are processed directly by the U.S. Postal Service or respective courier.  Mail is delivered to mailboxes for both of these areas.  Packages for the Davis Apartments are delivered directly to a residents door by the courier.  Package for Chapman Grand residents are delivered to the lockers in the hall office and general lounge area of the building.  

If you live in the Panther Village, your mail and packages will be received and sorted by staff members at that location.

Missing Mail & Packages

If you believe that you are missing an item of mail you can file a claim with the United States Postal Inspectors so that they can go about investigating your claim. 

If you believe that you are missing a package, you may contact our office at reslife@chapman.edu with the tracking number so that we can look into the matter on your behalf.  

Amazon Lockers

There are two Amazon locker locations on the Chapman University campus.  These services can be used by all members of the Chapman Community.  The two locations are as follows: 

Amazon Locker - Argyros
386 N Center St, at Argyros Forum
Student Union, Orange CA 92866-1002

Amazon Locker - Pyrenes
625 N Grand St, at Chapman
University, Orange CA 92867-6730

There is also an Amazon Locker at Chapman Grand.  This service can be used by residents of that building.  The location of that locker is:

Amazon Locker - Mankato
915 E Katella Ave, at Katella Grand
Anaheim, CA 92805-8639 

Masson Family Beach Club

The Masson Family Beach Club is located between the volleyball court and Glass Hall, the pool is open from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. for student use. Students access the pool using their Chapman ID and must remember to follow the policies of the Student Conduct Code at all times. The Panther Pool is not available to be reserved for private use by a student or student group.


A parking permit is required for any vehicles parking in the residence hall parking lots. Please review Parking Services information for details on specific parking permit costs and designated parking areas. Failure to register your vehicle could result in a parking citation and/or towing your vehicle.

Volleyball and Basketball Courts

An outdoor volleyball and basketball court is available for students to use recreationally across Pralle-Sodaro and Henley Halls on Center Street. 


To check the status and availability of the washers and dryers on campus, please see our LaundryView application.