2. Eligibility for travel courses is determined by the faculty leading the course. All freshman, sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students must meet prerequisites. Students are encouraged to contact the faculty group leader to determine whether they meet eligibility requirements or comparable for the travel course.
3. To apply, visit the Global Gateway travel course page for programs currently accepting applications and download the enrollment authorization form for the travel course. Submit the signed Enrollment Authorization and Financial Obligations form, Trip Cancellation Signature Form, valid passport good for 6+ months following the end of the program or new/renewal passport paperwork (if going international), and a non-refundable deposit receipt ($500 deposit or 10% of program fee, whichever is greater) to the Center for Global Education Office, 576 N. Glassell. These four items establish your commitment to the Travel Course. Next, the CGE will open your application in the Global Gateway where you must complete all other documents and forms.
If traveling internationally and do not have a passport, apply for one NOW. Passport applications may be completed through most U.S. Post Offices or via the U.S. State Department. For concerns regarding inoculations or visas, visit the Center for Disease Control and U.S. Passports & International Travel Government websites.
4. Application deadlines for the materials described in item #3 above (signed Enrollment Authorization, Notice of Financial Obligations, passport copy if international, deposit receipt, and Global Gateway forms) are due one semester before the Travel Course begins. For interterm Travel Courses, the deadline is usually October 25 and for summer Travel Courses, the deadline is usually March 25. If these dates fall on a non-business day, the deadline will be the earliest date prior that the university is open for business (Earlier deadlines may apply to a specific travel course).
5. Submit final payment for Travel Course balance to the cashier’s office before December 14 for interterm travel courses and before May 16 for summer travel courses. (Earlier deadlines may apply to a specific travel course).
6. You will be officially registered for your Travel Course by the Center for Global Education and your student account will be billed through the business office. All Travel Course participation fees must be paid in full and a copy of your final payment receipt must be submitted to the CGE office before December 14 for interterm Travel Courses and before May 16 for summer Travel Courses. (Earlier deadlines may apply to a specific travel course).