Know the Difference
The Attallah College of Educational Studies’ Conference Travel Grant Awards are intended to provide support for graduate students’ travel to give accepted presentations at conferences.
Conference travel grant award funds may be used for
- Conference registration fee (not membership fees)
- Travel to and from the conference location (airfare, bus fare, mileage reimbursement, etc.)
- Lodging for the duration of the conference
Conference travel grant award funds may not be used for
- Any food or beverages not included in the conference registration fee
- Any travel not for conference presentations. Please use the separate Graduate Student Scholarly Creative Grant Application for expenses related to scholarly or creative projects
Scholarly Creative Grant awards are intended to provide support for a variety of clearly defined scholarly or creative projects. Funding is competitive, but all reasonably justified proposals will be considered. Scholarly creative grant proposal budgets should not exceed $1,000 and applicants are encouraged to prioritize budget items as only partial funding may be available.
May be used for a number of purposes, including but not limited to, the following:
- The purchase of equipment, materials, or supplies directly related to the project.
- Expenses directly related to the project such as test subject remuneration, transcription services, software, license fees, or biohazardous waste removal.
- Hourly wages related to project completion for the principal investigator may be considered within reason.
- Travel expenses directly related to the project such as working in an archive or collecting field data.
Attallah College conference and travel grant applications must be submitted according to the following schedule:
|Month of Presentation Date||Deadline to Submit Application
(by 11:59 pm)
|June - August||May 1|
|September - November||August 1|
|December - February||November 1|
|March - May||January 15|