The B.S. in Software Engineering integrates the principles of mathematics & computer science with the engineering practices that develop tangible, physical artifacts. Students will learn the discipline of developing and maintaining software systems.
» B.S. Software Engineering
+ - Possible Occupations
- Computer Security Specialist
- Computer Software Engineer (Corporate)
- Embedded Systems Engineer
- Gaming Programmer
- Java/IOS/Android engineers
- Network Programmer
- Software Architect
- Software Developer
- Software Test Engineer
- Systems Software Engineer
- Web Developer
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Schmid College of Science and Technology.
+ - Professional Associations
- Association of Software Professionals
- IAENG Society of Software Engineering
- Software Engineers Association
- Software Engineering Institute
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- National Science Foundation
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Computing Research Association
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
- Internet Society
- Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society
- Institute for the Certification of Computer Professionals
- International Webmasters Association
- Software and Information Industry Association
- Information Technology Association of America
- Association for Information Systems
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Software Engineer Insider
Your guide to video game design
Friendly game developer community
Career paths developer profiles resources
Industry Career Opportunities
Vocational information center
The art & business of making games
Where IT people and jobs click
IT job search
Jobs in the video & computer industry
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.