Majoring in sociology at Chapman University provides the student with the values of a true liberal arts education emphasizing analysis and problem solving, as well as critical inquiry and writing, and comparative thinking. A strong background in sociology affords students with a breadth of training to prepare them for graduate work in any field including law, education, medicine, social work, and business.
» B.A. in Sociology
+ - Possible Occupations
- Adoption Agent
- Alcohol/Drug Case Worker
- Child Welfare Officer
- Corrections/prison Analyst
- Criminal Justice Analyst
- Parole/Probation Officer
- Social and Community Services Manager
- Social Impact Statistician
- Social Welfare Examiner
- Veterans Affairs Spec.
- Welfare Counselor
- Advertising Assistant
- Claims Representative
- Clinical Sociologist
- Consumer Advocate
- Convention Organizer
- Data Analyst
- Foreign Services Officer
- Human Resources
- Insurance Agent
- Needs Assessment Researcher
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Sociology Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- American Sociological Association Resources for Students
- International Sociological Association
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- The American Society for Criminology
- Justice Studies Association
- Global Studies Association of North America
- American Sociological Association
- Society of Applied and Clinical Sociology
- Sociologists for Women in Society
+ - Links and Resources
An introduction to the American Journal of Sociology with link
An amazing resource to invest in and learn about the field of sociology
Statistics for each state on a myriad of topics
Source for Professional Jobs in the Public Sector
Guide to College Majors in Sociology
Additional list of career options
30 Of the Most Fantastic International Resources on Learning, Research, and Scientific Community Building
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.