A B.M. in Performance – Piano, from Chapman University requires that students demonstrate musicianship skills in music theory, complete classes in piano literature, piano pedagogy, piano accompaniment, chamber music, and additional elements. Students will perform collaborative recitals as well as solo concerto performances.
» B.M. in Performance-Piano
+ - Possible Occupations
- Classical Musician
- Small ensembles
- Concert soloist
- Opera companies
- Ballet productions
- Music Critic
- Music Director
- Music Education Director
- Music Librarian
- Music Professor
- Music Teacher
- Music Theorist
- Music Therapist
- Rock or jazz groups
- Dance bands
- Clubs and restaurants
- Church choirs
- Community choral groups
- Musical theaters
- Cruise lines
- Amusement parks
- Professional Performer
- Studio Musician
- Recording industry
- Radio, television & Motion Picture
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Hall-Musco
Conservatory of Music Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- Suzuki Association of the Americas
- California Association of Professional Music Teachers
- Music Teachers’ Association of America
- National Association for Music Education
- American Federation of Musicians
- American Music Therapy Association
- Music Teachers National Association
- Music and Entertainment Industry Educators
- Society for American Music
- International Council for Traditional Music
- American Musicological Society (AMS)
- Orange County Musicians’ Association
- National Endowment for the Arts
- College Orchestra Directors Association
- International Conference of Symphony and Opera Musicians
- League of American Orchestras
- Musical America Worldwide
- The Orchestra Musician Forum
- American Guild of Musical Artists
- Society for Ethnomusicology
- Women in Music
- Piano Technicians Guild
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Yellow pages directory of orchestras in the U.S.
Music Industry Career Center
A full variety of topics about launching a music career
How to in the industry
Entertainment job and internship listings
Professional Resources & Organizations
How to win a music faculty position
Online news resource
Connecting the dots for the jazz community
Serving fans and professionals
Resources for Pianists
The San Francisco Symphony presents
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.