The B.A. in Music has three primary learning outcomes. The first is to make sure that students can demonstrate musicianship skills that include music theory, soloist proficiency with their primary instrument, as well as the ability to rehearse and perform with an ensemble. The second learning outcome is for the student to define the eras of music history and be able to identify styles and genres. The final learning outcome is for the student to have created research into music history and analysis that results in a capstone paper suitable for publication and/or graduate school.
» B.A. in Music
+ - Possible Occupations
- Artist and Repertoire Person
- Background Music Designer
- Band Member/Director
- Church Member/Director
- Classical Musician
- Film Music Director/Editor
- Instrument Technician
- Instrument Tuner
- Music Critic
- Music Education Director
- Music Equipment or Instruments Sales Representative
- Music Dealer
- Music Director
- Music Librarian
- Music Mixer
- Music Professor
- Music Promoter
- Music Publicist
- Music Publisher
- Music Teacher
- Music Therapist
- Radio/Television Announcer
- Stringed Instrument Repairer
- Studio Musician
- Talent Agent
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Hall-Musco Conservatory of
+ - Professional Associations
- American Music Therapy Association
- American Federation of Musicians
- Music Teachers National Association
- Music Teachers Association of California
- The Certification Board for Music Therapists
- National Association for Music Education
- Music Library Association
- American Musicology Society
- Chorus America
- American Guild of Music
- International Business Music Association
- Music Critics Association of North America
- The Society of Composers & Lyricists
- The Society of Professional Audio Recording Services
- The Center for Association Leadership
- The Society for Ethnomusicology
- Women in Music
- American Guild of Musical Artists
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Yellow pages directory of orchestras in the U.S.
A full variety of information details about classical music
- Classical Music Careers
A full variety of information details about singing careers
Music Industry Career Center
A full variety of topics about launching a music career
How to in the industry
Entertainment job and internship listings
Gateway to vocal ensemble resources on the web
Professional Resources & Organizations
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.