Students in the B.M. in Music Education – Instrumental/Vocal must either choose an emphasis in vocal music, or an emphasis in instrumental music. Students have “hands-on” opportunities working in classrooms with elementary and secondary music programs. At the end of the four year program students graduate with pre-certification and if they so choose may complete a fifth year through the College of Educational Studies that will earn them a California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Music. There is a 100% placement rate.
» B.M. in Music Education
+ - Possible Occupations
+ - Professional Associations
- American Music Therapy Association
- Music Together
- International Society for Music Education
- National Association for Music Education
- Music Teachers National Association
- Music Teachers Association of California
- Women in Music
- Music Library Association
- American Musicology Society
- American Guild of Music
- The College Music Society
- National Association of Independent Schools
- American String Teachers Association
- Association of Teaching Artists
- Jazz Education Network
- National Guild for Community Arts Education
- Suzuki Association of the Americas
- Technology for Music Education
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
The essential source for a career in the arts
A thousand plus job opportunities
The best resource for searching for work in a school district
The importance of music education
The benefits of music education
How to win a music faculty position
Online news resource
Why teach in a private school?
Professional Resources & Organizations
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.