The B.S. in Mathematics is already a highly flexible degree program that prepares students within a hands-on environment in research. When a student chooses to earn two B.S. degrees in partnership with the University of California, Irvine, the student begins their education at Chapman, becoming research partners in signal research, data mining, and integrated circuit design. They then move on to UCI to complete their degree within a five-year timeframe of study and research.
» B.S. in Mathematics and Civil Engineering
+ - Possible Occupations
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Bioinformatics Engineers/Developers
- Database Design and Maintenance
- Researchers (Ph.D.’s) in Academic or Government labs
- Sequence Assembly
- Sequence (gene) Analysis
- Computational Sciences
- Actuarial Sciences
- Experimental Economics
- Pure Mathematics Research
- Data Security
- Civil Engineering Specialties
- Work within/for:
- Public Bodies
- The Military
- Private Consulting Firms
- Private Practice
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the School of Computational Sciences homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- American Mathematical Society
- American Statistical Association
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Society of Actuaries
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- IEEE Computer Society (IEEE)
- Computing Research Association (CRA)
- Association for Women in Computing (AWC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- United States Society of Dams
- American concrete Institute
- Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation
- American Society for Engineering Education
- ASM International
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- American Association of Cost Engineers International
- Project Management Institute
- Engineers without Borders
- Precast/Pre-stressed Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Chemistry for Life
- International Erosion Control Association
- Water Environment Federation
- American Water Works Association
- National Society of Black Engineers
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Synopsis of career paths in bioinformatics
Science, technology, engineering and mathematics
How you use math at work
How actuaries see the world
Career Cornerstone Center
Careers in Math Theme Page
Civil engineering Careers
Women in STEM
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.