A B.S. in Kinesiology prepares students for professional careers in the exercise/fitness industry using an interdisciplinary approach focusing on health, society, and quality of life. The B.S. also prepares students for graduate work in the fields such as: exercise, athletic training, physical therapy, and health promotion. Personalized instruction and educational opportunities combine hands-on exercises and theoretical knowledge.
» B.S. in Kinesiology
+ - Possible Occupations
- Exercise Physiology
- Group Fitness Instruction
- Health Club Management
- Performance Enhancement/Management
- Personal Training
- Strength & Conditioning Coaching
- Clinical Practice:
- Acute care
- Specialties Include:
- Sports Medicine
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Program Development
- Healthcare Services sales/promotion
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Product Development
- Program Development
- Sport & Fitness
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Kinesiology webpage.
+ - Professional Associations
- IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- Human Kinetics
- Sports Medicine.Com
- Association for Applied Sports Psychology
- International Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association
- NIRSA Leaders in Collegiate Recreation
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Fitness Professionals and Associates
- American Aerobic Association International/International Sports Medicine Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
+ - Chapman Organizations
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Student Association
- Athletic Training Student Society
- Food Science and Nutrition Association
- Beckstrand Cancer Foundation
- Chapman American Medical Women’s Association
- Colleges Against Cancer
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- Pre-Physician Assistant Club
- Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society
- The Snow Club
- Chapman Airsoft & Paintball
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
+ - Links and Resources
Fitness Certifications, industry research, continuing education
Career profile, did you know?
Website for the BOC certification
Career Resources guide
Your connection to the best worksite health promotion resources
Resources for therapeutic recreation, recreation therapy, and activity professionals
Job search tool
Guide to becoming a physical therapy assistant
Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers
Advances the loves of women and girls through sports and physical activity
Certification central source
Find more in depth information about the field ranging from aquatics to women's health
An in-depth source for all offering quality information and advice on finding a career in a medical field
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.