The Department of Languages prides itself on offering students majoring in the French language an amazing individualized educational experience, learning various aspects of the Francophone world. Students choose the directions of the degree they will earn, opening up the possibility to expand their career possibilities.
» B.A. in French
+ - Possible Occupations
- Teach Abroad
- High School French Teacher
- International Student Services
- Speech Therapist
- Civil Service
- Customs Services
- Foreign Service Officer
- Homeland Security
- Language Analyst
- Consultant/Management Analyst
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
- Technical writer
- Humanitarian Services
- Mission Worker
- Nonprofit Organization work/NGO
- Public Interest Law
- Social Worker
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the French Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- International Federation of Translators
- International Association of Conference Interpreters
- National Council on Interpreting in Health Care
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- American Translators Association
- Foreign Policy Association
- Carolina Association of Translators and Interpreters
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language
- Association of International Educators
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
A nonprofit NGO committed to international education and exchange
International job resources: search for employment in specific countries/regions of the world
Bilingual job search site
Internet meeting area and resource/job search guide for ESL/EFL teachers and students from around the world.
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.