There are two areas of study that the Chapman B.A. student in English will choose from: journalism or literature. Graduates of the English department are well prepared to enter into a variety of careers in fields such as education, publication, and business. Journalism coursework includes reporting, editing, and new media, while Literature coursework studies literary works across genres, topics, authors, and time periods.
» B.A. in English
+ - Possible Occupations
- Academic Advisor/Support Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
- Financial Aid Administrator
- Higher Education Administration
- International Education and Study Abroad
- School Administrator
- Student Affairs
- Account Manager
- Advertising Coordinator
- Art Director
- Creative Services
- Press Representative
- Major Gifts Coordinator
- Media Relations
- Nonprofit Administrator
- Public Relations Specialist
- Social Media
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Account Manager
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the English Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- American Society of Journalists & Authors
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs
- Council of Literary Magazines and Presses
- Association of Magazine Media
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America
- Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network
- American Comparative Literature Association
- American Library Association
- Writers Guild of America
- National Newspaper Publishers Association
- American Copy Editors Society
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Society for Technical Communication
- Association of American Publishers
- Magazine Publishers of America
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Job center, events & training, resource center
A website for the independent literary community
The only labor union that represents freelance writers
Educating the imagination of students, teachers, and writers
Career opportunities in the field of english
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.