The Bachelor of Arts in Economics program provides students with a thorough understanding of the tools of micro and macroeconomic analysis. Students will be able to describe the operation of American economic institutions and those within other economies. Graduates with majors in economics are in high demand in the financial markets, government agencies, and international organizations.
» B.A. in Economics
+ - Possible Careers
- Commercial Banking
- Commodities Trader
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Investment Fund Manager
- Loan Officer
- Management Analysts
- Mortgage Loans
- Operations Research Analyst
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Retail/Consumer Banking
- Claims Adjuster
- Compensation/Benefits Administrator
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Risk Management
- Advertising Sales
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Consumer Product Sales
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Services Sales
- Industrial Sales
- Market Research Analyst
- Purchasing Manager
- Real Estate
- Sales Management
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Intelligence Analyst
- Internal Revenue Agent
- International Trade Specialist
- Treasury Management Specialist
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Economics Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- National Economists Club
- Association for Evolutionary Economics
- Asian American Economic Development Enterprise
- National Association for County Community and Economic Development
- The American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
- Association for Social Economics
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- American Society of Health Economics
- International Economic Development Council
- American Economic Association
- National Association for Business Economics
- American Agricultural & Economics Association
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.