The Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in Creative Writing prepares the student to explore their talent as a creative writer. By combining literature courses and writing workshops in a wide array of rhetoric, composition, and creative writing, the Chapman B.F.A. graduate is prepared for a challenging career in a field of writing.
» B.F.A. in Creative Writing
+ - Possible Occupations
- Creative Writer
- Feature Writer
- Freelance Writer
- Greeting Cards writer
- Lyrics/Jingle Writing
- Magazine Writer
- Novels: Fiction and Nonfiction
- Screenplay writer
- Script writer
- Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Corporate Communications and Training
- Grant and Proposal Writing
- Human-Computer Interface Design
- Information Technology Writing
- Mechanical Communications
- Science and Medical Writing
- Technical Writing and Editing
- Newspaper Reporter
- Newspaper Sports Editor
- Sales Writer
- Academic Advisor/Support Services
- International Education and Study Abroad
- School Administrator
- Student Affairs
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the English Homepage
+ - Professional Associations
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- American Society of Journalists & Authors
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs
- Council of Literary Magazines and Presses
- Association of Magazine Media
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America
- Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network
- American Comparative Literature Association
- American Library Association
- Writers Guild of America
- National Newspaper Publishers Association
- American Copy Editors Society
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Society for Technical Communication
- Association of American Publishers
- Magazine Publishers of America
+ - Links and Resources
Job center, events & training, resource center
A website for the independent literary community
The only labor union that represents freelance writers
Educating the imagination of students, teachers, and writers
Book yourself a career in the publishing industry
Write better, get published
The Writer online magazine for writers
A site designed for the self-publisher
How to site on living, traveling, working abroad with job and internship links.
Job opportunities and English employment sites and resources
Submissions on fiction, poetry, anthologies, and non-fiction writing.
Find more opportunities for writers with Chegg
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.