The B.F.A. in Creative Producing from Dodge College of Film & Media Arts will educate students in the business, legal and organizational aspects of the entertainment industry. Students will graduate with a portfolio they designed with either a film or media production. The portfolio will include a detailed plan for rights acquisition, story development, pitching, budgeting, packaging, marketing, distribution, and exhibition.
» B.F.A. in Creative Producing
+ - Possible Occupations
- Associate Production Editor
- Broadcast Technician/Assistant
- Commercial Producer
- Copy Editor
- Copyright Specialist
- Digital Media Producer
- Editorial Assistant
- Field Producer
- Film Editor
- Independent Filmmaker
- Location Manager
- Location Scout
- Marketing Coordinator
- Media Specialist
- Media Strategist, Social
- News Producer
- Post-Production Coordinator
- Post-Production Editor
- Production Assistant
- Production Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Program Director
- Promotion Writer/Producer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Social Media Strategist
- Talent Manager
- Technical Producer
- Television Producer
- Video Production Coordinator
- Webcast Producer
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts Homepage.
+ - Professional Associations
- Society for Cinema & Media Studies
- Television Academy
- Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers
- The American Society of Cinematographers
- The Association of Motion Picture Sound
- Black Filmmaker Foundation
- Digital Cinema Society
- Directors Guild of America
- National Association of Broadcast Employees & Technicians
- Producers Guild of America
- Screen Actors Guild
- American Film Institute
- The Association of Independent Video and Filmmakers
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- American Association of Advertising Agencies
- Independent Film & Television Alliance
- Australian Film Institute
- Motion Picture Association of America
- Motion Picture Editors Guild
- National Association of Television Program Executives
- Performing Arts & Artists
- Writers Guild of America, West
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Jobs & internships across the U.S.
Resource for film making information
Daily link with the TV and film industry
The entertainment professional’s network
The actors fund, for everyone in entertainment
Film & TV resources/jobs
Digital filmmaker’s resource site
The pulse of media
Film career descriptions
American cinema editors
Women make movies
Jobs in film, TV, video & digital media production
California Film Commission
Entertainment job and internship listings
Show crew network
What can I do with a film studies degree?
Want an internship in Hollywood?
Discover career paths with Chegg
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.